Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Moderation

Postby GlobusDiablo » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:49 am

How to deal with annoying forum members who spam this wonderful site with pointless and irritating topics such as this one?

Well I don't know. Ideas?

Corium
Novice
Novice
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Moderation

Postby Corium » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:38 pm

With roughly 150 members, I doubt those who have shown interest in joining are the type that are going to become an issue.

With that said, a few mods would help keep the forums proper when Mobius isn't on, ( unless Wolf's stepping in on that and if so, +1 for him)

Silverwolf
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Silverwolf

Postby Silverwolf » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:39 pm

At some point this site may get spammed with adverts as bots know how to get past a capcha as generated by a phpBB forum. I know as I used to run one a phpBB forum for a pbp rpg game. I solved that issue by coding a change to the phpBB register code to ask a question what is the 2nd letter in Dragon and that stopped all the bots from auto registering and spamming.

Still having some moderators is good as well...

Wolf
Master
Master
CMDR: Dexter Wolf

Postby Wolf » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:06 pm

Silverwolf wrote:At some point this site may get spammed with adverts as bots know how to get past a capcha as generated by a phpBB forum. I know as I used to run one a phpBB forum for a pbp rpg game. I solved that issue by coding a change to the phpBB register code to ask a question what is the 2nd letter in Dragon and that stopped all the bots from auto registering and spamming.

Even reCaptcha?

Return to “General Discussion”