Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Ironclad
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Kevin Renner
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Vulture Rulez!

Postby Ironclad » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:25 pm

So i finally dropped the hammer on a Vulture (got it at Jameson station in founders world, 10% off if you have the permit).
Spent almost 18mil for the ship and equipment and took it to Lugh for trial by fire.
I Flew the vulture in the 1.2 Beta, but it wan't as well equipped as the one I got now.

Two of us flew vultures in the Lugh minor WZ, in short: ALL YOUR COMBAT BONDS BELONG TO US NOW :D
Shields melt away, condas explode, pythons explode...Un belivable. At some points we were running out of targets untill new ships jumped in.

With a cobra i'd loose shields (even with an A booster and shield cells) and be forced to disengage untill my shield recharge, with the Vutlure, nada. 5A shield, A class shield booster and I rarely went below 2 rings.

At some point 2 NPC vipers were hammering me and i still managed to keep shields at 1 ring. (my 2c shield cells proved useless as could only recharge 1 ring)

With 2 fixed 3D pulse lasers, 4 pips to wpns, I can fire them forever! My only gripe with the vulture is that the weapon grouping isn't tight so up close and personal with small ships (vipers and eagles) requires me to manuver constantly to keep both wpns on target. Further out the grouping is sweet.

Get one while supplies last :D
I have…seen things you people wouldn't believe…Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those…moments…will be lost in time, like tears…in...rain. Time…to die…

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Vulture Rulez!

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:34 pm

I flew one in beta to....Loved it.....

Till I maxed out an FDL......Then loved that.....

Now loving my maxed out Cobra......

Yea I'm a slut.......

:D

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Ironclad
Novice
Novice

Postby Ironclad » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:43 pm

FdL...I doubt i will have enough credits, ever :(
The cobra has been with me since the beta days and had served me well, Hope her new owner takes good care of her.
I have…seen things you people wouldn't believe…Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those…moments…will be lost in time, like tears…in...rain. Time…to die…

Emanon
Master
Master
CMDR: Emanon

Postby Emanon » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:12 pm

It will be a bit of a grind to get up to the creds to be able to buy one, but the Vulture is next on my purchase list. I'm sure by the time I can afford it Frontier will come back and nerf it a little (please Frontier... don't)! :-)
CMDR Emanon

Feldspar
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Feldspar

Postby Feldspar » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:18 pm

I nearly had enough for my Vulture when they dropped the price, most expensive ship in my fleet at the moment, but I've fitted it out to my liking.

It sets fire to everything.

Just managed to get a RES with the RNG set to sweeeet! 2.5 Million in 2 hours and not a scratch on her, just rocking a B5 shield and no boosters or cells.

Only one thing wrong with her, no paint jobs! Seriously, it's like FD didn't expect us to buy these ships.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:59 pm

Yep love the Vulture, did my first successful assignation mission against an elite condor, didn't even loose my shields. Once it's shields were down it's power plant took no time at all. Need to try her in a conflict zone next.

I hope it won't be long for the paint jobs, it seems FD try them out on NPCs first, saw a couple of Cobras with the 'Onion Head' paint a few days before it appeared in the shop, and last night saw one with a pirate's skull and cross bones on it, so keep an eye out for NPC Vultures with paint jobs.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Nanosmo
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Nanosmo

Postby Nanosmo » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:37 am

Looking forward to getting one once I get back to civilization. Been watching some YouTube videos and reading a lot on it. Seems like a great ship for the price.

Corsaire31
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Cyol Serkor

Postby Corsaire31 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:14 am

But if you can kill anything without any risk, where is the fun ? ;)
"The best proof that extraterrestial intelligences exist is that they never tried to contact us"

Crimsonknight3
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Crimsonknight3

Postby Crimsonknight3 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:26 am

Corsaire31 wrote:But if you can kill anything without any risk, where is the fun ? ;)

There will "always" be risk, the insurance on the Vulture (at least for non alpha/beta) isn't exactly cheap (250k when last I checked) Elite is becoming more about groups... Imagine, your flying a Vulture, you think your kick ass and can kill anything... Then a wing of 3 Elite or Dangerous Vultures with shields as beefy as your own each with slightly different weapons loadouts... You either run or hope that they don't work well as a team, otherwise your buggered!

Ironclad
Novice
Novice

Postby Ironclad » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:59 am

Some of the NPC I ran into work very well in wings, and the npc are not limited to wings of 4. I have had 8 npc gang up on me in Lugh and the cobra saved my ass because of the high boost values. The Strong Signal Source points can yield multiple conda or mixed wings that are difficult to impossible to tackle alone.
The vulture by no means is the "be all - end all" ship. It has short legs (jump distance is ~15ly for me and i still dont have military grade armor), the shield recharges slower than a cobra, specially if you fit boosters. All in all it is sweet and fits my play style perefctly :D

Return to “General Discussion”