Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Crimsonknight3
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: The War in Lugh

Postby Crimsonknight3 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:05 pm

Rasilon wrote:
Hrdina wrote:
Rasilon wrote:I would have liked to get top ranking, but impossible to compete against AFKers.

So I've seen people complaing on the official forum about some AFK exploit at Lugh, but never sorted out what exactly was going on.

These are the same people who complain that solo players and Mobius people in particular should not be able to play in the same sandbox as them (ie should not be able to affect the Community Goal). :roll:

I have quit Mobius for that very reason. Good bye

It's not the "Mobius" people or "solo players" it's people who USE exploits!!! ANYONE can play solo open private group... It doesn't matter WHERE they play, it's all the same damn server! Stop the exploit, punish those intentionally using the exploit and there you go :) Don't blame mobius or people who don't want to be griefed

Hrdina
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Hrdina
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Hrdina » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:03 am

Crimsonknight3 wrote:
Rasilon wrote:
Hrdina wrote:So I've seen people complaing on the official forum about some AFK exploit at Lugh, but never sorted out what exactly was going on.

These are the same people who complain that solo players and Mobius people in particular should not be able to play in the same sandbox as them (ie should not be able to affect the Community Goal). :roll:

It's not the "Mobius" people or "solo players" it's people who USE exploits!!! ANYONE can play solo open private group... It doesn't matter WHERE they play, it's all the same damn server! Stop the exploit, punish those intentionally using the exploit and there you go :) Don't blame mobius or people who don't want to be griefed

Yeah, that was a bit of a non sequitur. I'm not sure why someone would conflate cheating with Mobius.
Jameson & Son are my copilots

Black Puddin
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Black Puddin

Postby Black Puddin » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:13 pm

Rasilon wrote:
Hrdina wrote:
Rasilon wrote:I would have liked to get top ranking, but impossible to compete against AFKers.

So I've seen people complaing on the official forum about some AFK exploit at Lugh, but never sorted out what exactly was going on.

That's a shame mate, also seems a bit pointless as the exploit isn't confined to Mobius. It's the game that's broken and you're always going to get some people who'll take the fullest advantage of these things.

I guess how big of a deal it is depends on how seriously you take the community goals, I personally don't consider it important enough to make me leave the group. I've told a couple of the AFKers on TS that they were cheesy fuckers for abusing broken game mechanics and that I hope FD fix it, we had a laugh about it and moved on.

Anyway, best of luck.
Last edited by Black Puddin on Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vences
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Vences

Postby Vences » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:24 pm

Why get worked up about somebody taking shortcuts as long as long as you aren't involved directly. I take much more pleasure in achievements that mean something. They are just cheating themselves in the end. And probably not sticking for a long time either.

Good riddance I say.

Anyways to get it back on track or at least talking about the war. As I understand it the "mission" is done, but the conflict zones remain. I tried it a bit myself, to no avail I must confess. Got shot once out of space and twice had to run off. Only after destroying two or three ships with small bonds.

Is there still a big upheaval coming, what do you think? Or will the civil war dissipate after a short time like in other systems.

CMDR DancingLemur
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: DancingLemur

Postby CMDR DancingLemur » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:19 pm

Black Puddin wrote:Is there still a big upheaval coming, what do you think? Or will the civil war dissipate after a short time like in other systems.

That is the reason for me to still remain in Lugh or in its vicinity and testing my new Vulture. Maybe some radical shift in the war is coming, who knows. :D

Hengest
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Hengest

Postby Hengest » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:44 pm

Last time I was in the Mobius teamspeak they were all taking advantage of this exploit. I thought at the time that if not cheating, it was not really withinh the spirit of the game or Mobius.

I have not been back on there since that but I would not leave the group because of it (there is another reason I have not been on there, one incredibly boring know-it-all with verbal diarrea). If people want to cane an expolit for all it is worth and still feel good about it then that's up to them. To me it is like using hacks or cheats and I can't think how anyone gets any sense of achievement out of it unless they are the type who think they are impressing those they have never met IRL. So you got that new ship? Wow, you must be so impressive.

Those who think it cheapens Mobius and the game can just carry on making their money legitimately and feel a genuine sense of achievement.

LOL I can't believe I posted a semi rant on the internet! Next I will be posting comments on Youtube! Think I had better go back to the game.

sharpiejas
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Hothian Marosetter

Postby sharpiejas » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:42 pm

If people want to use the exploits, leave them to it. It is not changing the way I play.

Hopefully there will be another upheaval in Lugh, I need to learn to shoot straight and the conflict zones are good training grounds. I have been using gimballed lasers before so need to learn new skills with the fixed ones

Vences
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Vences

Postby Vences » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:30 am

Aye, I have trouble with fixed weaponsystems too. But I wouldn't use the combat zones to try them out. Too dangerous imo. The nav beacon is a better place.

Ahriakin
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Ahriakin

Postby Ahriakin » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:27 am

I'm with Hengest on the exploit I think. Though not game breaking it is cheap, and more importantly I imagine extremely boring. It's kinda like people who end up paying for XP or Loot packages on other games, when the goal and a lot of the fun in those games is the process of earning those awards. Sure I want to own an Anaconda some day, I want to not ever have to worry about insurance no matter how many times I die but I want to have fun getting to that point and parking a turreted ship as a hemorrhoid on a cap ship would not exactly do that for me.
Also as has been said solo/group is already getting tarred with the easy brush too much on the official forums without this having to be true.

shinkicker
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Shinkicker

Postby shinkicker » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:51 am

The people turret camping don't have to do anything do they? Just sit near the ship, no need to tag... right? That's cheap (and boring), they should have to at the very least tag something (or do about 15% damage/have a dead zone around the capital ship), before the Capital Ship obliterates the target. At least then they would have to actually participate.

Return to “General Discussion”