GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Things to do in E: D when you're beta

Postby GlobusDiablo » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:32 am

So, what are you doing?

I've tried the most, so now I'm just flying courier missions in my Lakon 6, seeing where the jobs take me, and what the E (environmet) throws at me.

No longer interested in credits, just flying about and seeing the sights. My 2 missile racks can handle most bugs. Though 3 Cobras at once made it time to turn tail and run. Just made it.:)

I still feel my yaw drop a little bit every time I close in on a spacestation with flight assist off, angling my Lakon sideways and watching the station in all it's glory, rotating majestically in thin air. Well, no air actually.:)

Vikinger
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Vulcor
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Things to do in E: D when you're beta

Postby Vikinger » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:52 am

I didn't have the goal to buy me a Lakon 9 or an Anaconda as I know I would not be able to fly them with out crashing into a station :D

So I did a lot of trading at first and then gradually bought better ships. Tried out the Viper, but found that the jump range didn't suit my needs. Had a Hauler then a Lakon 6 and I just love that ship.
Its a good ship for exploring and trading due to its huge jump range. And it can actually handle it self quite good in combat against NPC. But all dependant what type of enemy I faced.

So I visited every system that is present in the game and all planets as well.
And that was my main goal with the Beta, to explore :)

Then I did some more trading and bought me an fully equipped Cobra and went to those extractions sites I could reach, and that I found during my exploration tour, to improve my combat skills.
And that is mostly what I am doing now when I get online. Bounty hunting in an extraction site.
But I don't play that much as I don't want to get burnt out so I more or less wait for next major release and looking forward to explore more things:)

Edit/ And I've also done some bug hunting as well to help the devs :) Both to find new bugs and to se if they have fixed old ones. I stull suffer from stuttering and low fps close to planets that have rings. And it have been like that since they introduced planetary rings, gas planets. And every time they release a new patch they close my ticket and said it solved. So I am pestering them with a new ticket after each patch :D

Mobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Mobius

Postby Mobius » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:02 pm

blimey visiting all systems, ive probably seen about 30% of the beta. looking forward to when they open it up to 500 systems in beta 2

Nemetos
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Nemetos

Postby Nemetos » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:10 am

Sidewinder darts ... It's a Bullseye ! ! !

Oh yes ..

Those sunday afternoons.. you know the ones .
After your Sunday dinner, yer a bit bloated ,,, nothing else on telly .. but a bit of Bulley ??

Just get yer self a standard sidey ... Frameshift jump ( dont like that term.. should be hyperspace) to a system ..

Line up to a port ... lower your speed on approach ... get it to to the safe blue " safe disengage " ... lower speed, if you can to 30 km/s ... then wait til you get to 20 km out --- then hit J ....

Bullseye ! !

1 shot ... 1 kill

Dependant on the starport type ...

Return to “General Discussion”