Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Raz0rking
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Raz0rking
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Tired of the game?

Postby Raz0rking » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:47 pm

the main issue will be most likely money. (for some)
i have a python stashed away a anaconda rigged for trading and 67 odd million credits. Now it took an awfull lot of grinding and now the grind gets a lot harder for people who are not there yet, or (like me) want/have to grind even more.

In 1.1 the endless stream of pirates in RES will get nerfed too (i do not know of changing instance with log out/log in will reset it) but that was the most viable way next to trading to make money imho.
The only time one has to much fuel is, when one is on fire.

Commiekaze
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Commiekaze

Postby Commiekaze » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:17 pm

Raz0rking wrote:the main issue will be most likely money. (for some)
i have a python stashed away a anaconda rigged for trading and 67 odd million credits. Now it took an awfull lot of grinding and now the grind gets a lot harder for people who are not there yet, or (like me) want/have to grind even more.

In 1.1 the endless stream of pirates in RES will get nerfed too (i do not know of changing instance with log out/log in will reset it) but that was the most viable way next to trading to make money imho.

Yeah we did the grind so much during early access and launch that I just cant do it anymore. Im about ready to come back, but but I may just wait until 1.2.

Niddi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Aske

Postby Niddi » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:42 am

That's exactly why I'm exploring. I couldn't stand the grind any longer (and I don't even have enough for a Python yet) so I just equipped an Asp, pointed in a random direction and jumped. I'm ~3000 Ly away from Sol atm and enjoying the scenery.

Corsaire31
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Cyol Serkor

Postby Corsaire31 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:16 am

Had lots of fun the first two weeks bounty hunting with an Eagle and stealing big bounties from the Cops. Will buy a Cobra in a few days to have a multirole ship and start having a look at the world outside my starting systems. I'm in no hurry to buy bigger ships and certainly not ready to live boring hours only to "grind". I never quite understood this urge to optimize money making ( words like M Cr. / hour sound really strange...).
I remember this saying from the many years I've been sailing : "Small boat, small problems." But it's probably me...:)
"The best proof that extraterrestial intelligences exist is that they never tried to contact us"

Silverwolf
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Silverwolf

Postby Silverwolf » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:35 pm

Raz0rking wrote:I was away for one! week. Now i see the patch notes, the nerfs and so on and i do not want to start up the game again.
Is it still worth it?

Overall the game is still the best thing to play on the PC or anywhere I think, although it is so not reaching its potential and do too much trading then you have to hit your head to stop the boredom or watch some thing interesting on the 2nd monitor.

Also seems they are closing all negative threads on the official ED forum at the moment, not that I start any, but still I believe in free speech.

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby GlobusDiablo » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:53 pm

cpy wrote:.... If you say i'm wrong read this: https://anttiilomaki.wordpress.com/2015 ... ndangered/

Thanks for sharing this read cpy. It nails the problems to the floor.

I'll probably stick around this forum and the other one for a while, as I think this forum in particular is awesome, and I have met some really great people, but I'm giving the game a wide berth for now. I'll look in on it from time to time, but I don't have my hopes up.

Glad that others are enjoying it though. Just didn't turn out as I expected, and I don't think it will in the future. Good thing it's only a game, eh?.. :)

Fly safe

Return to “General Discussion”