Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
SPR1NK
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: SPR1NK
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

on foot combat zone question

Postby SPR1NK » Fri May 28, 2021 2:24 am

Sorry for the noob question, but need clarification.
After finally finding an on foot combat zone that would load correctly and jumping into it I suddenly wondered, what if I run into another player there that has chosen the opposite team while im on the mobius server? Accidentally shooting them gets me kicked from group? I did read the rules for group, just wanted to be sure on this

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Re: on foot combat zone question

Postby JohnLuke » Fri May 28, 2021 9:34 am

Good question commander. Accidents happen and a single shot on an opposing commander could be considered an accident. Sustained fire however, is not.

I think the Combat Zone rules at the bottom of the Policy page is pretty clear and applicable to on-foot combat zones.

page/policy
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Saberius
Admin
Admin
CMDR: SABERIUS

Postby Saberius » Fri May 28, 2021 10:35 pm

JohnLuke wrote:Good question commander. Accidents happen and a single shot on an opposing commander could be considered an accident. Sustained fire however, is not.

I think the Combat Zone rules at the bottom of the Policy page is pretty clear and applicable to on-foot combat zones.

Absolutely.
"Oopsies" can be safely ignored, but the actual death of an opposing Commander may get reported, and we would then have to investigate.
(and we would rather be playing too) ;)
I just hope fellow pilots are adult enough. :)

SPR1NK
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: SPR1NK

Postby SPR1NK » Sat May 29, 2021 12:34 am

Awesome, thanks for the info!

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Postby tinnitus » Sat May 29, 2021 4:11 pm

Good points, think we may be seeing more about this along the way forward. Don't overkill the kill.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Zetr0
Competent
Competent
CMDR: ZETERON

Postby Zetr0 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:45 pm

Myself and a few fellow Mobius Friends, had a similar quandary during the Jupiter Division and Sirius Summit Community Goals.

We would often see fellow Mobius Players in these CG's ( Community Goals ) on the opposing side, while we did our best to avoid them, sometimes the NPC SLF's pilots did tangle in heat of battle advertantly get destroyed as a result.

In the end we ( the player-group ) would just go over to Open Play as a Wing or even Two Wings to do the Community Goals.

That Way we could do the *sub-missions* re: take out the Enemy Captain Corvette and or protect the Propaganda Crew etc.

Return to “General Discussion”