Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Saberius
Admin
Admin
CMDR: SABERIUS
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Alternative that allows PVP?

Postby Saberius » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:03 am

mbulgakov wrote:The griefers I was referring to have a history of infiltrating private groups exclusively for the purpose of ganking people and causing disruption. I have no doubt at all that they joined Mobius in bad faith as I'm well acquainted with them. It seems that they slipped through the cracks during the vetting process, possibly because whoever was in charge of handling their application was unaware of their extensive history of abusive behavior.

That would be me, it's always been me.

By all means, share a list and PM me, I am all for extra resource aids to locate and monitor.
I've been doing it for several years now, and the badguys are getting savvy and less boastful with their youtube videos that show friends, chats and wingmate names ;) I have watched so many ganker/griefer videos to give myself cancer from the toxicity these people display at other player's expenses.. All these new cheap accounts and alt-names over the years, it has always been difficult to detect fakes from others.

To be truly diligent and dedicated about this requires far more time and patience than I care to give it anymore as I am the only person looking and have given up weeks, months and years of my personal time to keep the thin line safe, and everyone else can play the game while I am stuck behind a wall of spreadsheets. I don't get paid for this, but I paid a lot of money to be part of the Kickstarter and all the toys that go with it so I cannot allow the anti-anti-Mobius drama to consume me.

In the end, all anyone can hope for is people not to be dicks about it and think it is an achievement to unlock to be awful poor 'anti-Mobius' sports about a game.

If they do, there is a kick and block button when I get a report about it, but again, if you have a list of player names that should not be in Mobius because you honestly feel they cannot control themselves at some point, email it to admin@elitepve.com and I'll have a look at it and see if it can be added to the lists I already have.

Return to “General Discussion”