lafzy
Novice
Novice
CMDR: lafzy
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Engineering boost

Postby lafzy » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:20 pm

Hi all, its been a while.

To be honest, I got a fleet carrier, played with it for a bit, went 'meh', lost interest and switched off for about 6 months. Probably burnout from the intense mining at Borann!

Between the Odessy hype and the free giveaway on Epic i'm getting back into Elite with a new account on PC. Did the exploration CG using road to riches and got to exploration elite in about a week. Then did some shenanigans between my rich old and poor new accounts using the fleet carrier market to gift my poor self enough to get and outfit a shiny new conda, which i'm starting to gather materials to engineer.

I came across an article on the official forums saying that there at present is a time limited buff to engineering. "...the effectiveness of engineers’ upgrading for ship modules will be boosted until the 7th of January 3307. During this time, engineered weapons and modules will receive increased augmentation for the same amount of materials. This will apply to every workshop in Alliance, Imperial, Federal and independent space." Link below:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/g ... ng.561242/

Thought i'd share in case anyone here was unaware and wanted to get the additional buff, whatever it is. Haven't got that far yet as am on day 2 of only god knows how many harvesting materials. Hopefully I'll have enough time after the harvesting to unlock the engineers and make some use of the buffs!

Fly safe CMDRs, o7

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Re: Engineering boost

Postby tinnitus » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:44 pm

So, in a nutshell one MAT does more for less?
How much more is more? A penny is now a penny and a bit. hehe
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper

Postby GreenViper » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:15 pm

Tried it out on 2 supplemental beams... end result in stats is the same, goes faster though using less materials.
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

lafzy
Novice
Novice
CMDR: lafzy

Postby lafzy » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:32 am

Managed to unlock quite a few engineers so far to take advantage of the boost. Wasn't amazing, but every little bit helps i guess! 3 more days to go!

I came across this, which is by far the best guide I have come across for farming engineering materials and thought i'd share. Wish i'd had this first time around!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHl-SsKQfe4

Return to “General Discussion”