Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Krait MK2 weapons

Postby tinnitus » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:56 pm

Krait MK2: I use these weapons works good OC gimballed MC Incendiary/ Corrosive large slots two Long Range rails super penetrator.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper

Re: Krait MK2 weapons

Postby GreenViper » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:20 am

Hi CMDR Nar Nar Goon.

My favourite Krait MK2 build: https://inara.cz/cmdr-fleet/59062/549496/
The pulses get replaced by long range superpenetrator rails from time to time.

CU in the Black.
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

tinnitus
Master
Master

Postby tinnitus » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:21 am

GreenViper wrote:Hi CMDR Nar Nar Goon.

My favourite Krait MK2 build: https://inara.cz/cmdr-fleet/59062/549496/
The pulses get replaced by long range superpenetrator rails from time to time.

CU in the Black.

I'm still a fan of pulses, lLiking your build CMDR GreenViper including you choice of 6C Bi-Weave Shield Generator may be easier on the pocket but they work well. I replaced two beams lasers with small mount rails on my FGS a good ship for ground assault the other mounts are missiles. Do you like the Drive Distributors effects on the Engines?

CU in the Black
john
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

GreenViper
Master
Master
CMDR: GreenViper

Postby GreenViper » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:27 am

Good thing about the BiWeaves is that they regenerate fast...
The Drive Distributors improve the mass curve of the thrusters, ideal for tighter maneuvering when combined with dirty drives.
I normally go for Drive distributors for my combat ships, Drag Drives might be universally better, however if the ship sits closer to the optimal or maximum mass then drag drives will net exceptional speed but deceleration and turning will suffer.
My rule of thumb:
Drag drives for non combat ships of if opted for clean drive tuning
Drive distributors for combat ships in combination with dirty drive tuning.
- Cmdr GreenViper -

Forum moderator
MCRN Squadron Commander & Council member

tinnitus
Master
Master

Postby tinnitus » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:08 pm

GreenViper wrote:Good thing about the BiWeaves is that they regenerate fast...
The Drive Distributors improve the mass curve of the thrusters, ideal for tighter maneuvering when combined with dirty drives.
I normally go for Drive distributors for my combat ships, Drag Drives might be universally better, however if the ship sits closer to the optimal or maximum mass then drag drives will net exceptional speed but deceleration and turning will suffer.
My rule of thumb:
Drag drives for non combat ships of if opted for clean drive tuning
Drive distributors for combat ships in combination with dirty drive tuning.

Yes BiWeaves Shields regenerate faster the others appear to take a lifetime to top up. G5 reinforced/fast recharge, thermal resist boosters and heavy duty. I got use to BiWeaves believing any mod with an "A" was great less was shit grinding with the Python to get a Cutter I did not have credits for 8A Shields 160+Million, 8C BiWeaves, 27 million. I use to believe faster is better especially on larger non-combat ships that extra get-up-and-go would permit an escape. For me it is better to learn to win the interdiction dance because it makes sense plus holding the stick liked an egg avoids over torquing mass easily done during combat. This may appear weird but I drop my wheels when I need to quickly reduce speed sometimes dropping the scoop. . Your rule of thumb is a valid rule. Thinking today I will have to revisit a drive distribution engineer makes sense seeing I am current harvesting MATS in engineer space.
Image]

Return to “General Discussion”