Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
jrad
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: j'rad
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Snakes...

Postby jrad » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:20 am

I wanted to hate it, but after giving it a fair shake I have to admit the Python gets the job done. Still enjoy flying my Kraite more, but for combat capable trading that cargo capacity is nice.

Kobaal
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Kobaal
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Snakes...

Postby Kobaal » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:12 am

I do love my python as well. Been using it to grind fed rep.

SCE2AUX
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: SCE2AUX

Postby SCE2AUX » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:41 am

I was thrilled to discover the Python has a dark cockpit which is super VR friendly. I was in love the second I bought it. I don’t like it for combat but it has made me piles of cash doing Robigo runs. I plan to see what else it can do soon. Another fan here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? -Oddball

Zetr0
Competent
Competent
CMDR: ZETERON

Postby Zetr0 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:00 pm

Greetings Commanders -o7-

A big +1 for the Python - an absolutely Glorious Machine!

So much so that I have 2 of them

#> Python - "Gold Run"

An amazing beast able to put out 256t of Cargo and with a jump range of 40 Light Years!
True there is a lot of Engineering going on here, but The chassis is so sound, its like a slippery bar of soap when some neffarious pirate tries their hand.

This monster helped make my first Billion Credits, Obtained Federal RAdm Rank and pushed me over the Finish line for the Imperial Duke and Prince Respectively ....

#> Python - "Gloria"

This is quite the delight here, a very highly "specialized" build - with only one purpose in mind "Robigo Investigations"

#> Python - "Gloria"

Truly a Glorious site to be hold - this vessel only trades in passengers from Robrigo Mines to Sirius Atmospherics, she has made over $1bn Credit Wedge of Space cheese since I have had her commisioned - and here are some of her highlights

No weapons, ( Absolutely Empty Hard Points )
2 Utilities, ( 2x Heat Sink Launchers)

Core Internals :
    Class 3A Power Plant ( 4 Classes bellow Class 7 )
    Class 5A Thrusters ( 1 Class shy of the Class 6 )
    Class 3A Power Distributer ( 4 Classes Bellow Class 7 )
    Class 6D Sensors

Indeed, she cannot boost and doesn't have shields but its not needed to be honest - and while there is also no "super-cruise" its just nice to take the "wheel" during these missions as its "something" to do

( on average its $24m per 14 minute turn around time aprox $102m per hour )

Optional Internals
    2H Guardian Frame Ship Drive Booster
    1E Advanced Docking Computer ( Because I am lazy )

The rest are Passenger Cabins with the following capability -

1x 6C First Class
    2x 6D Business Class
    1x 5D Business Class
    1x 5E Economy
    1x 4E Economy
    2x 3E Economy

Engineered
5A Frame Ship Drive ( Range G5 ) * no effect *
"I should upgrade her some more, might not even need the 2H FSD Booster ;)"

Truly the Python can do it all!! - even though the Pilot seat is off-center, I just love the "Snug" feel of it. While the Visibility is not as good as the Krait Mk2 - it just feels amazing and focused...

I came to own the Python quite late, I had 2 Anaconda's, an ASP X, Cobra Mk3 and a Krait Mk2 before I got the *Glorious Pyton - I regret waiting so long...

Lazershoes
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Lazershoes

Postby Lazershoes » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:40 pm

Pardon my newbness, but what is robigo and how do you make so much money? Can I do this with my asp explorer?

Zetr0
Competent
Competent
CMDR: ZETERON

Postby Zetr0 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:52 am

Greetings Commander Lasershoes -o7-

Robigo Mines
in the Robigo system is a small installation just outside the RING system of a Gas Giant and equipped with a Medium Landing pad only

More often here about 80% passenger missions want a trip to Sirius Atmospherics ( 54 Lightyears away ) and back. To make this a quicker process having a jump range over 31 Light years ( so you can do a run in two jumps ) can make this quite lucrative as a method of making money.

I have never done passenger missions in an ASP Explorer - that machine is very capable so I suspect that it is more than possible.

I had a look at a build - please click here - to review the setup of the ASPX for Robigo Passenger MIssions - the only Engineering is the FSD to grade 5 and with the Mass Manager experimental effect.

I noticed that you have been out in the black quite some time commander so here is a quick refresher course on engineering - for a more indepth source of information please see here commander.

With the Above build I suspect you could make about $6,000,000 per run ( with a good influx of G4/5 materials ) - When starting out you will need to cash-in most ( if not all ) of these missions into "REP+++" if the option exists. This will get you "Allied" status with the Factions in Control at Robigo Mines - with that comes better passenger and mission payouts.

I suspect that you may need to review and reconfigure your passenger bays that you have instaled, I based the load-out on "most money" but its been over 4 months and things "may" have changed.

A good review of making money from passenger missions can be found by clicking here

As a side hussle once you grab ALL the passengers that you can squeeze on your ship - checkt the mission boards to see if there any courier missions to Sirius Atmospherics - its a nice little side-hussle for additional money.

Don't worry about "Illegal" Passengers - your are going in and out of ANarchy Systems so theres no Crimes being permitted - just becareful if you have passengers for anything other than "Sirius Atmospherics" - Oh and don't put up with their pampering requests... they are not going to be onboard long enough ;).

I hope that helps commander - good luck out there - o7-

Lazershoes
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Lazershoes

Postby Lazershoes » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:04 pm

Hey thanks for the explanation! I'm re-learning quite a lot now that I'm back to civilization. Definitely need to find a way to make some good money that isn't too boring!

Return to “General Discussion”