Any Good Strategies for Station Approach in Pirate State System with VO/LTD Haul

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Lance Lord
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Lance Lord
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Any Good Strategies for Station Approach in Pirate State System with VO/LTD Haul

Postby Lance Lord » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:00 am

What the title says. Are there any good strategies for making it into the station mail slot? Without having to continuously jump out the the system or being destroyed by pirates/criminal NPCs? It's only logical the market with the highest VO price would be in one crawling with pirates :lol:

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Any Good Strategies for Station Approach in Pirate State System with VO/LTD Haul

Postby TorTorden » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:33 am

Beat the interdiction.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Re: Any Good Strategies for Station Approach in Pirate State System with VO/LTD Haul

Postby JohnLuke » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:40 am

Interdictions will be pretty frequent when you've got a 'juicy haul' like that. Just play the mini-game and win. They're not hard to beat. Frustrating... yes.... but not hard.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

lafzy
Novice
Novice
CMDR: lafzy

Postby lafzy » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:49 am

Another way if you have a relatively fast ship and reasonable shields is to submit to interdiction then boost away towards the station and low wake out of there. By submitting to interdiction, your FSD takes less time to charge up than if you are interdicted, so you should hopefully be able to get away while they have to wait for the longer FSD charge. It can get tedious if you are interdicted several times in a row, but this strategy has certainly worked for me when hauling large and valuable cargo in my cutter and I personally find it quicker than trying to beat the mini game each time.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:57 pm

lafzy wrote:Another way if you have a relatively fast ship and reasonable shields is to submit to interdiction then boost away towards the station and low wake out of there.

It's been my experience that when using this method, the same NPC can and will interdict you again in that system.

If you beat the interdiction instead, then that NPC won't interdict you again in that system (unless you leave the system and come back).
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

lafzy
Novice
Novice
CMDR: lafzy

Postby lafzy » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:07 am

JohnLuke wrote:
lafzy wrote:Another way if you have a relatively fast ship and reasonable shields is to submit to interdiction then boost away towards the station and low wake out of there.

It's been my experience that when using this method, the same NPC can and will interdict you again in that system.

That's fair enough, and i guess also depends on how one likes to play. Its not something that I have had an issue with and its interesting how people doing the same in game activities can have such different experiences. That's one of the many reasons i still love this game!

My experience as per my first post, was that even if interdicted a few times in a row, this was still quicker than playing the minigame each time. That's probably swayed by the fact I don't particularly enjoy the interdiction minigame; maybe others do!

That said, its a non issue for me now, for my latest mining endeavour i'm out painite mining in my corvette with over 2k shields and enough beams and huge multicannons to destroy pretty much any pirate brave enough to try! Not having much luck finding good amounts of painite though, I have the impression FDev has been nerfing again!

Return to “General Discussion”