Friends call me pargy

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: What are you doing (ingame) now?

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:30 pm

I'm dumping palladium at Bluford Orbital in LHS 3447 - AndyB doesn't need it and I need the cargo space.
It's time to give this another go.

Dudley
Master
Master
CMDR: Dudley_Dawg

Postby Dudley » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:53 pm

de Carabas wrote:Got there! :D

Congrats sir...

o7 Dawg
As a tribute to Tor, my CMDR has small feet too! o7 Dawg

Hrdina
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Hrdina
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Hrdina » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:13 am

Well done de Carabas. I recently got my exploration rank up to Elite at that very same station. :D

I took some time off at a resort at Colonia Hub. The staff there were largely incompetent, although the waiter was pleasant. He was apparently from Barcelona. I'll miss him.

I'm now taking a slow trip back to the bubble, planning to stop at the Colonia outposts along the way, because Why Not? I'm currently parked at the first one (Polo Harbour), ready to head out again.
Jameson & Son are my copilots

pargyrak
Master
Master
CMDR: pargyrak

Postby pargyrak » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:32 am

Hopping around the bubble exploring trying to get to exploration Elite without going too far from Azrael.

48% to go....
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

Daniel Dakota
Expert
Expert
CMDR: DanDak

Postby Daniel Dakota » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:38 am

Congrats De Carabas :)

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:55 am

Working on training my NPC (60% through Competent), whilst also on the lookout for Modified Embedded Firmware.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

thebs
Master
Master
CMDR: thebs

LW Anaconda configuration for exploration (50ly jump)

Postby thebs » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:11 am

Okay, I just finished off my Lightweight Explorer Anaconda (EDShipyard Link) configuration and related engineering. It can jump 50ly empty with 32t fuel (50% tanks), and 40ly with 192t cargo, while shields aren't much beyond 600. This has a trio of lightweight turreted beam lasers, which will not be easily fed by the limited distributor, but are there just for the initial 'hit'n run' so I can try to escape.

It shares only a few components with my Max Protection / Min Heat Anaconda (EDShipyard Link) configuration and related engineering. That configuration can jump 37t empty with 32t fuel (100% tank), and 26.5ly with 352t cargo, while shields are in excess of 2,300. It purposely has low-heat burst and pulse lasers which can be easily and continually fed with 2 pips to weapons and I don't have to worry about heat.

I'm looking to join the Jaques CG and head out much, much farther than I ever have before, using the former configuration.
CMDR TheBS - Yet Another Middle Aged American (YAMAA) and Extremely Casual Gamer often confused for a Total Noob

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:12 am

Ow! My poor ass. I'm not if flying shape. :roll:

I'm on the Road to Colonia and just landed at Hillary Depot (looks like a London fog). Nice to be able to make some repairs from damage I took from the several elite dropships that interdicted me. I've only got 4D shields on the Anaconda, with no boosters, but I'm glad I decided to keep them instead of opting for more cargo space for galactic travel guides. Next trip I'll sacrifice even more cargo space for a better fuel scoop. A class 4 is plenty for exploring, but I'm probably wasting 20-25% of my time scooping. I kind of wish I had an engineered FSD though. :|
It's time to give this another go.

Rylo Ken
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Rylo Ken

Postby Rylo Ken » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:12 am

So... I got up this morning and thought I'd try something different. So I loaded up the Conda for exploration. Headed out into the black. Arrived at the nebula I'd chosen. Took my time, scanned everything basically along the way. Was just under 1000 ly from Sol.

Then...

Sat there staring at my screen. Thought running through my head was... there's no freaking way. So, bored to tears, separation anxiety from the 'Vette, I made a b-line back to the bubble.

Loaded into my 'Vette, smiled in pure comfort, headed to my favorite haz-res and shot stuff for about an hour.

'Sploring isn't for this guy. I simply like the combat related activities too much. In particular, combat in my Corvette.

RK

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to “General Discussion”