Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Thargoid Hunting

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:27 pm

That's it in a nutshell.....Poorly implemented......

I could not give a rats arse how easy or hard it is to take them down....

What I don't agree with is the way it dropped and then they nerfed the weapons in a patch and come up with some bullshit story......

If they had dropped it like it was after the nerf...No problem and the story would have made more sense that our initial weapons were almost useless hence the 3rd CG.......

But to initially have a weapon that was doing just fine and then take it away......Meh....

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

LeDoyen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Le Doyen

Postby LeDoyen » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:12 pm

if they hadn't communicated on how the Thargoids adapted, it would have been a fine story development.
But players don't like to know that someone lowered their DPS. They prefer to know that the ennemy has been buffed up :)
In the narrative it makes no difference, but God help us if the devs touch our shiny guns :)

AFAIK it's written "experimental" all over the place. They could have make them "accidentally" fire from retracted hard points and blow us up which would have been pretty fun i have to admit :p
The story is we know nothing of the Bugs and the thing is under R&D. It would make even less sense to have perfect countermeasures right away.

Killerclown
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Xxkillerclown714
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Postby Killerclown » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:00 pm

Hi I'm new on here and I'm just waiting on my application to get accepted and the friend request on PS4. I just started to hunt thargoids but I'm having difficulty surviving them. Any way to get help with a better understanding on how the combat goes? Please. I have been playing for over a year now and wanted some new experience so yeah any kind of advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Landorin
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Landorin

Postby Landorin » Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:43 pm

Hi,

I want to defend ground or space installations that are currently attacked by Thargoids. Yet I do not see a lot of people around.

Is there any specific system Mobius players are currently focusing on?

Return to “General Discussion”