Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Kobaal
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Kobaal
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

First Federal Corvette... Need tips

Postby Kobaal » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:00 am

Just bought a corvette yesterday in LHS20. I upgraded the FSD but the jump range is so short. I've spent so much timing bouncing between Sothis and Ceos doing deliveries in my python..., now that I'm in LHS20 I don't want to make the trip back in a stock Corvette. Any good money opportunities near LHS20?

matiskati
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Matt Catto
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: First Federal Corvette... Need tips

Postby matiskati » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:47 pm

Firstly, congrats on the new 'Vette o7 I hope it serves you well.

Secondly, regarding credit making, unless I'm mistaken the best way to make space cheddar is still mining - Painite is the latest trend, or so I've heard. I was lucky enough to cash in on some LTD mining just before that was nerfed so I shouldn't need to top up the bank balance in a while (also, no fleet carrier lol). There's a great companion app that tells you where to find the best hotspot overlaps - http://edtools.ddns.net/miner - if you're interested in that route. Also, I found my Python to be the best choice for mining due to it's large cargo hold.

tinnitus
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Postby tinnitus » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:12 pm

Space mining is still a big deal unfortunately I'm bored with it but flying among the asteroids is fun one of the best parts of the game especially in the Vulture. May as well make a few changes with my Combat Conda and go explore.

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Kobaal
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Kobaal
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Kobaal » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:30 pm

Yes I heard about the mining nerf but I'm still interested in trying it out. So you would recommend taking my python instead of the corvette?

matiskati
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Matt Catto

Postby matiskati » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:07 pm

For mining, I would. Negotiating asteroid fields in anything bigger than a Python is tricky, but hey, if you're up for the challenge go with the corvette :) you might find that you're limited to laser mining only as sub-surface deposit mining requires a certain amount of maneuverability that a larger ship just lacks.

Return to “General Discussion”