Empire
Artie
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Artie
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Imperial Blood Serpents

Postby Artie » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:22 pm

Guys, if there will be any problems with wings on Inara, please let me know and I will provide any assistance I can. For the issue you mentioned simply fill "Mobius" into "Private group" field and it should be done. I hope Inara wings will be helpful for you and if there will be anything you will want to have there, please do not hesitate to tell me. :)

Ozzy81
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Ozzy81

Postby Ozzy81 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:13 pm

Artie wrote:Guys, if there will be any problems with wings on Inara, please let me know and I will provide any assistance I can. For the issue you mentioned simply fill "Mobius" into "Private group" field and it should be done. I hope Inara wings will be helpful for you and if there will be anything you will want to have there, please do not hesitate to tell me. :)

Thanks Artie, that fixed it.

INARA continues to impress :D

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång

Postby uvelius » Fri May 01, 2015 8:18 am

OK, postponed Eagle wing until we can have more than one. Applied for INARA BS.

uvelius
Master
Master

Postby uvelius » Sat May 02, 2015 11:28 am

I think it is high time to get an own sub-forum for the Blood Serpents. Up to now, the "Empire" Subforum is almost IBS only (yet it would be nice to tag threads concerning IBS with [IBS] or something), but that may change, plus there is the issue of an internal forum.
INARA Command Center should be used only for specific event announcements and such, as I understand it; so it would be good to have both a visible Subforum (with this thread here for example) and an internal where we can discuss topics that should not be that public, like base or actions in the Lave Cluster.

We would also be better prepared for the upcoming Powerplay, see for example the "We can no longer remain neutral" thread.

So, could we set up such a subforum, or at least an internal IBS-specific one? Mobius? Flip? Jockgit?
As for the workload, I could take care of moving topics etc. if you grant me temporary moderator rights for the subforum.
Last edited by uvelius on Sat May 02, 2015 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uvelius
Master
Master

Postby uvelius » Sat May 02, 2015 3:31 pm

Fellow Serpents! We have a question of loyalty to address!

Patreus is recruiting against Independetns at Stapleton Dock while the Indeßpendents oppose the muddy Senator at Godel Doch, both Quivira system.

If we support the true heirs, we should fight against Patreus. This means supporting independents against the Empire. Which could be considered undermining our own faction.
But since we indirectly would support our princess by weakening Patreus, it should be considered. Also it is a small independent faction, not Feds or Alliance we would help.
How big would be the Rep loss with the Empire? Anyone who knows?

No rewards known yet, 6 tiers at Godel. Highlightshadow, can you post how many contributors we have at which stytion? Thanks!

EDIT more here: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=1946&start=10 (we really need a subforum)

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Sun May 03, 2015 8:59 am

uvelius wrote:I think it is high time to get an own sub-forum for the Blood Serpents. Up to now, the "Empire" Subforum is almost IBS only (yet it would be nice to tag threads concerning IBS with [IBS] or something), but that may change, plus there is the issue of an internal forum.
INARA Command Center should be used only for specific event announcements and such, as I understand it; so it would be good to have both a visible Subforum (with this thread here for example) and an internal where we can discuss topics that should not be that public, like base or actions in the Lave Cluster.

We would also be better prepared for the upcoming Powerplay, see for example the "We can no longer remain neutral" thread.

So, could we set up such a subforum, or at least an internal IBS-specific one? Mobius? Flip? Jockgit?
As for the workload, I could take care of moving topics etc. if you grant me temporary moderator rights for the subforum.

Well, the one to ask for such things is Wolf. But I don't see why IBS should have a subforum of its own when there is already the Faction Fleets > Empire subforum which, as you pointed out, contains mostly threads related to IBS. That being said, it would be easy enough to prefix the threads related with the Blood Serpents with [IBS] or something.

As for having a private subforum, that would be technically possible, but it would also involve creating a new group, managing its users, etc. And if that was done for IBS, I see no reason why other groups wouldn't ask for the same and it might quickly become a chore to manage. So if Inara isn't enough, I'd suggest you to look into free hosting solutions to host your own forum like other groups have done.

But then again, Wolf is the owner, here, so the decisions are his and you should take what I said with the proverbial grain of salt. :)
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

uvelius
Master
Master

Postby uvelius » Sun May 03, 2015 5:03 pm

Flip, that is true. As long as the IBS are the only wing within the Empire sub, it shouldn't be a problem. I also see it as a problem to have too many layers of subs in a board.
The internal forum is another matter, though -- INARA is not really an alternative since (up until now) it does not seem to be meant to be a forum, and also it would be better to have all forum.-related stuff here, in one place, instead of spreading it to many places. The INARA command center is fine to assign tasks and such, but does not feel to be right for discussions.

Of course, you are right with the groups management concern. An internal would mean administration of an own IBS group, and since that is quite a job to do, we might just wait and see when an internal forum is really required (which I think could soon be the case, depending how it goes with powerplay -- anyway).
So let's see what the others think, tag IBS threads as such if possible ([IBS] "topic") and see when real need arises.

Artie
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Artie

Postby Artie » Sun May 03, 2015 9:40 pm

I do not want to disturb discussion here, but just a note: Actually, Command room at Inara was intended as a wing internal private discussion. It has lack of sub-threads by design, as there is not so much activity even in a single thread usually, but it works as any other forum by principle. I saw some private forums established for wings where literally were more threads and sections than actual posts. That's something I wanted to avoid there. But, if there is anything else that can be improved for a better feeling and/or usability, tell me (PM). :)

uvelius
Master
Master

Postby uvelius » Tue May 05, 2015 7:10 am

We are on GalNet News folks! The stand against Patreus of some of our pilots has send some ripples across the Empire ... quoting a certain pilot :evil: While certainly not claiming to reflect the standpoint of the IBS as a whole.
Let's continue :D
https://youtu.be/sTRxgI8tIiM?t=1m14s

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Tue May 05, 2015 7:57 am

Yeah, saw that last night. Nice one! :)
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Return to “Empire”