Empire
DruiD
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: -=DruiD=-
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Spoiler Alert - Ranking Empire Rep

Postby DruiD » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:36 pm

Thought I would play along, was curious more than anything .. but yeah ... doesnt refresh with more charity missions after making sure i got the 'full' missions and handed in the 13K one I got.

Refreshed board a few times. Logged in \ out a few times. Not happening :)

MattB
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Niamh Locke

Postby MattB » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:44 pm

No worries. Pass the word incase it gets patched.....

MattB
Harmless
Harmless

Postby MattB » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:57 pm

One confirmation of working and one not.

The important bit is tricking the board into resetting. Not forcing it.
Get the donation mission as your 100th, try to get another mission so it errors and says that you can't, then and only then complete just that one donation mission...try to take the error mission and it forces the reset.
Thats when that donation mission reappears.
It needed to be on the board as your 100th mission to work. If it wasn't on the board to take it can't appear ehen you reset.

Like I said, I stumbled across it by accident....

I've videod it working....just got to remember where the video is.

Burtlez
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: CptFandango

Re: Spoiler Alert - Ranking Empire Rep - UPDATED

Postby Burtlez » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:13 pm

This works! I was too impatient to wait for a 15k plus and went with a 10k, still getting ten percent every five minutes at viscount :)

Excellent find mattB!! *buys you a space beer*

Now if only this thread was ungooglable so it doesn't get fixed anytime soon :)

Edit : As far as I am aware as of now this is the fastest method of imperial ranking

Edit 2 : last update of the evening (1.15 AM UK time). Just handed in ascension mission and am now marquis! started out around 12 percent viscount at around half eight.

DruiD
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby DruiD » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:16 am

MattB wrote:Get the donation mission as your 100th, try to get another mission so it errors and says that you can't,

Yes - Did that.. by the time i got 100, I had like 40 failed ones.. but still took up slots.
Doing this at Cubeo Planetary Finch Station.

MattB wrote:then and only then complete just that one donation mission...try to take the error mission and it forces the reset.
Thats when that donation mission reappears.

So ..this is what i do
100th mission - Charity - Take it
Take 101 mission - Get Error
- Clear Error
- Board reloads
- New \ Repeated 100th Charity mission should appear now ?
Hand in original 100th Charity mission
Accept newly appeared charity mission (again 100th)
Take another 101 mission
- Rinse and Repeat

The underlined step above is what doesnt happen - and I have just spent another 3 hours redoing it tonight.... same result.
Now TONNES of negative Empire rep due to all the failed missions lol!

MattB wrote:It needed to be on the board as your 100th mission to work. If it wasn't on the board to take it can't appear ehen you reset.

So yep, did what you said .. loaded to 100, got error , canceled 1 .. and then had no donation ones.. .. and waited..... finally 13K empire ranking one one appeared.

Took it as my 100th, collected something else - got the error message.... board 'reloaded' but also still had the same list of missions (and no new charity\repeated same charity mission) - same list was present after selecting the 100th one... so I handed in the 100th charity mission anyhow (back down to 99 missions) and still no new \ repated charity mission. Again waited for another Charity mission, this time 9,000 - took it as a test. Counted missions - 100, so took another random mission - Got the error. No repeated 9000 (or 13k) mission. Handed in the 9000 charity one.. No new missions....

So .. waited for another 1hr of testing the 99\100 mission and getting new charities .. the refreshing just isnt working for me .. so definitely something weird going on.

Was a good test \ glad everyone else has it working.. interesting experiment and fact its not working for me, I'm at 35% marquis so nearly home and hosed and not really something I will be using to rank to King but definitely good experiment.
Last edited by DruiD on Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

MattB
Harmless
Harmless

Postby MattB » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:29 am

Did you try to take the 101st mission, then complete the donation mission, and then try to retake that other mission? Then the board will reset. I found the video of it working, I just need to find somewhere to post it.

DruiD
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby DruiD » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:37 am

MattB wrote:and then try to retake that other mission? Then the board will reset.

If you mean the EXACT same 101th mission? I cant remember \ can't be certain, I either mis-read or assumed "any" 101st mission could be taken, before and after handing in charity missions so may have just grabbed random ones. I only got 3 new charity missions in that hour.

If its EXACT mission - I would have to stack 100 missions again (arrrgg) to test the theory. If thats what others are doing e.g. "retaking the exact same 101th mission" then that explains why my board appears to "reload" but doesnt actually change.

MattB
Harmless
Harmless

Postby MattB » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:40 am

Can I upload videos on here?

DruiD
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby DruiD » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:57 am

MattB wrote:Can I upload videos on here?

Youtube? If your not a fan of google, just create a free temporary one ...

Either case, i think its clear enough for others and now to me at least) the issue must be with the taking EXACT same mission.
I am restacking in ED to redo it ...

DruiD
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Re: Spoiler Alert - Ranking Empire Rep - REMOVED

Postby DruiD » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:53 pm

MattB wrote:Getting moaned at by too many people so I've remove it.

No worries, look at the end of the day it was a good experiment, I work in the IT industry and sit in the camp that systems should be tested, issues openly discussed and patched ASAP based on all the input and talent available, not hidden away, only discussed behind closed doors because of fear of mass exploitation and then left to be found later by some black hat doing real damage- so whilst this may eventually be considered an exploit and patched, its only a game after all - so appreciate the efforts you went to test it (multiple times) and post a detailed thread (Even if it did confuse me a little to begin with).

Thx.

Return to “Empire”