Empire
CMDRBuxton
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Buxton
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Fastest way to rank up with the Empire?

Postby CMDRBuxton » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:48 pm

I've been trying to rank up quickly with the Empire by doing ground assault missions in HIP 10716 but it's still taking a while. Does anyone know of a quicker way? Is there a system with loads of charity missions that may be quicker?

Schmobius
Master
Master
CMDR: Schmobius
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Fastest way to rank up with the Empire?

Postby Schmobius » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:05 pm

Charity missions in the Empire were nerfed to hell and back with the 1.5/2.0 update.

Ground assault missions in Cubeo, against Metcalf Keep, are probably your best bet. (There are 3 other stations on Cubeo 3A where you can load up on missions, and there are occasional donation missions there too.)

Black Rose

Postby Black Rose » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:51 pm

Schmobius wrote:Charity missions in the Empire were nerfed to hell and back with the 1.5/2.0 update.

Ground assault missions in Cubeo, against Metcalf Keep, are probably your best bet. (There are 3 other stations on Cubeo 3A where you can load up on missions, and there are occasional donation missions there too.)

Reminds of how the Blizzard developers favored the "Horde" over the "Alliance" in that the Horde always got better gear and place to play and the nerf bat always hit the Alliance.

Tun is still fully functional to rank up for the Federation. I spent a little over 500K on charity missions and did regular delivery missions for about 2 and 1/2 hours and went from 42% Chief Petty Officer to Warrant Officer to 16% Ensign!

I relogged between open, 4 private groups and solo quite a few times, about 20 cycles. I loaded one screen that had 15 charity missions. Also every station I delivered to also had charity missions.

I've tried Tamar and Jita for Empire. Also HR 706 at the Allen Relay there was quite a few Imperial missions. Kataning at the Naubakht Port has numerous delivery missions all to the same places. If you have the cargo cap, doing missions here are quick and easy.

Schmobius
Master
Master

Postby Schmobius » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:04 am

If you're looking to do missions, Fehu and Aditi are kind of like Robigo with empire missions, but I found far less police and pirate interference, and a little closer. Still, I think that's a very slow path to ranking up. It could be a nice change of pace so you don't succumb to space madness while grinding though.

And while I think you may be right about dev bias, if anything, I've heard rumors that David Braben is biased towards the Empire. This is either over-compensation for that bias, or it's in the hands of one or more of the other devs.

Wihglah
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Thomas Riker

Postby Wihglah » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:06 pm

Tamar isn't like Tun, but there is some charity work there.

I lucked into one in open a few weeks back and spammed it mercilessly.

Got bored once I made Baron though.

But I did just drop 2mill to get to Rear Admiral in Tun.

CMDRBuxton
Harmless
Harmless

Postby CMDRBuxton » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:13 pm

Schmobius wrote:Charity missions in the Empire were nerfed to hell and back with the 1.5/2.0 update.

I was doing ground assault missions in cubeo for a while but someone on the frontier forums mentioned HIP10716 and I went there instead. There's a similar setup to cubeo where you load up on cut the power and skimmer missions but there's 3 empire aligned factions so all the missions offered are for the empire. The base you attack (Fernandes depot) is a low security base so there's no goliaths or large turrets. So long as you stay high enough nothing will shoot at you. There's no comms relay to be scanned so you don't need an SRV either. It's much easier and a bit quicker than metcalf keep.

Schmobius
Master
Master

Postby Schmobius » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:40 pm

Man, where were you when I did that grind? :-)

CMDRBuxton
Harmless
Harmless

Postby CMDRBuxton » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:35 pm

I was probably at cubeo too :)

I spent ages there trying to rank up before I headed to the new system. The best thing with HIP 10761 is that you don't really need anything special to do all the missions. I was using a DBX with loads of point defenses and an SRV for cubeo, because of the goliaths and needing to scan the terminal. With HIP 10761 you could use any ship with a dumbfire missile rack :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUDvoTMfTSM shows a normal run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6sBjtEF14s seems like it's either genius or stupid. Just use a sidewinder and suicide once all the missions are completed.

stereoBear
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Marcus Gray

Postby stereoBear » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:34 pm

CMDRBuxton wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6sBjtEF14s seems like it's either genius or stupid. Just use a sidewinder and suicide once all the missions are completed.

...if gaming the game, why not go all in. Bonus: Your transaction tab will be clean AF afterwards.

CMDRBuxton
Harmless
Harmless

Postby CMDRBuxton » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:12 am

For what it's worth it took me about a week and a half to get to Duke.

Up to knight I was in Cubeo doing ground assault missions but then switched to HIP 10716 which was much easier. From viscount onwards I counted the number of missions to took to level up and from that worked out how much percentage each mission gave on average:

%age increase per mission
Cut the Power Performance Review
viscount 0.46 0.23
count 0.41 0.2
earl 0.33 0.18
marquis 0.29 0.12

It took 841 "cut the power" and 428 "Performance review" missions to get to duke from viscount. One reason I didn't get as many performance review missions as I could was my low combat ranking. If you had dangerous or above then more performance review missions would be on offer. A big advantage to doing these missions compared to donation missions is that you get paid - I got about 250 million from all the missions, enough to buy the cutter I needed the rank for.

Return to “Empire”