Hello to all Empire pledegd players!

Empire
Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Hello to all Empire pledegd players!

Postby Mouse » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:02 pm

Tifu wrote:Joined the Blue-haired brigade - I mean Aisling - just a few hours ago. It's going to be very interesting to be juggling Browncoat principles, the needs of the Order and this Imperial faction's requirements. Definitely NOT going to be bored :)

Many Browncoats are a part of the blue-haired brigade ^,^. What she stands for can only help the empire
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

Tifu
Master
Master
CMDR: Tifu
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Tifu » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:36 am

Mouse wrote:
Tifu wrote:Joined the Blue-haired brigade - I mean Aisling - just a few hours ago. It's going to be very interesting to be juggling Browncoat principles, the needs of the Order and this Imperial faction's requirements. Definitely NOT going to be bored :)

Many Browncoats are a part of the blue-haired brigade ^,^. What she stands for can only help the empire

I had doubts but I'm beginning to think I've picked the right one. Tracking the priorities in reddit, my Viper mk4 will be in Imperial space very soon.

PS. thanks for the hit list @DarkMinded

carladams78
Harmless
Harmless

Postby carladams78 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:15 pm

I joined Aisling Duval because she looks like the mother of dragons, lovely pixels. Blue hair does it for me. She pulled me into the empire and I have never looked back. There is plenty of good bounty hunting in the imperial systems that pay good cash. I'm with you Aisling. I do wish she offered combat missions though, delivering leaflets is a little tedious, I could do that for the local takaways if I got off on doing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tifu
Master
Master

Postby Tifu » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:48 am

Mouse wrote:

I have a confession to make, I half expected the players belonging to this faction to be airheads but after watching people determinedly and systematically fortify systems in the priority list I can see that my misgivings were misplaced. Add to that the way the faction got rid of two pirate FDL's victimizing newbie players in their sideys doing Cubeo runs in open play - well let's just say my respect levels have doubled. Very classy post taunting the griefers on the FD forums :)

Cmdr Darkminded
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Darkminded

Re: RE: Re: Hello to all Empire pledegd players!

Postby Cmdr Darkminded » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:39 am

alphaalif wrote:You know what would be awesome? If FD put Mobius as one of the new rising power to challenge the other powers. Heck, I'll leave my current one and join Mobius without question. Haha!!

Sent from Vulture Comms

That would force mobius to play in open, to counteract their actions, it would also means, an as a group that stands only for selfishness and does not really want to acomplish any thing, its just silly to give mobius a power!!

Enviado do meu D2403 através de Tapatalk
Viscount Darkminded, Diplomat of the Empire, Preceptor of The White Templars

Cmdr Darkminded
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Darkminded

Postby Cmdr Darkminded » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:43 am

Tifu wrote:
Mouse wrote:

I had doubts but I'm beginning to think I've picked the right one. Tracking the priorities in reddit, my Viper mk4 will be in Imperial space very soon.

I think i will start to make weekly hit list, this week the Empire is stryking Hard at Winters, so if you would like, undermine Winters to hell :-D

Viscount Darkminded, Diplomat of the Empire, Preceptor of The White Templars

Tifu
Master
Master

Postby Tifu » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:32 pm

Cmdr Darkminded wrote:
Tifu wrote:
Mouse wrote:

I think i will start to make weekly hit list, this week the Empire is stryking Hard at Winters, so if you would like, undermine Winters to hell :-D

What excellent timing ! :) Just bought and setup my DBscout specially for undermining. A weekly list is a fantastic idea :evil:

Black Rose

Postby Black Rose » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:52 pm

I was super excited about the power play a few weeks back. I diligently worked to fortify HIP 16607. Actively undermined a Le Jon Rue system nearby to the tune of 3,000 merit points. Lavigny had no systems in turmoil, all system being expanded were under her control with no opposition and her existing holdings were all stable. She was in power position #3 and I felt like I did my share.

Then the new cycle started and she went to power position 6, not enough CC to even start in a new system, all the expanded systems lost...I was WTH?????? How does this thing work? Is it purely 100% random like everything else?

So now I just do whatever I feel like doing and let this crazy mess come out whichever way it feels like going as it seems that nothing a player does has any effect on the outcome what so ever.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:26 pm

Black Rose wrote:So now I just do whatever I feel like doing and let this crazy mess come out whichever way it feels like going as it seems that nothing a player does has any effect on the outcome what so ever.

Sorry to say, your experiences with PP are very similar to mine. :(

I was all gung-ho to 'do the right thing' for ALD in the beginning, and checked Reddit before doing any merit grinds to ensure that I was helping the cause. I checked for updated news on the board every few days, and flew all over hell and beyond to help the cause. After a couple of months of that and seeing local expansions get fortified at 3000% or more, I felt like I was wasting my time flying a combat ship 200+ly to do the right thing, when many others didn't appear to care and were just out to get the merits.

Well... they say that if you can't beat 'em, you might as well join 'em.

Now I get my merits at the closest combat location. I only merit hunt once every 3-4 weeks anyway, just to maintain level 2 and get the BH bonuses, so I'm sure that my little merit grind has very little impact on the Voodoo magic that is PowerPlay.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Black Rose

Postby Black Rose » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:27 am

I am combat level 4 and I like that little 5 million boost every week.

I usually top of my merits on Thursday, then add 300 to 600 every other day.

The ratings are, IMO, laid out really stupid.

Level 1 free
Level 2 is 100 merits
Level 3 is 750 merits
Level 4 is 1500 merits

The 1st 4 levels make some kind of sense.

Then level 5 is 10,000 ? And they remove 50% each week? I have no desire to grind to that number with the jerky interdiction not even working half the time.

Return to “Empire”