Hello to all Empire pledegd players!

Empire
Tifu
Master
Master
CMDR: Tifu
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Hello to all Empire pledegd players!

Postby Tifu » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:16 am

Powerplay won't matter to most people until FD integrates it with the BGS. And that won't work either until the BGS bugs are fixed. All politics are local and people care a lot about their chosen home systems which the introduction of player minor factions have been screwing up in some cases.

For me & PP , I focus on the systems that are useful to me and are on the priority fortification list of AD. Two of my favorites are run by player groups (Cubeo & Munshin) and it's fascinating to watch them evolve over time. Reddit PP is just a ugly tangle of bickering, intrigue and bad feeling with the possible exception of Antal (mainly because of Ben Ryder). And I cannot understand why FD made it so easy to 5th column or murder members our your own faction with very little consequence.

That being said , the Mobius PVE environment makes PP that much more sane & fun and teaming up with it's great members is an opportunity not to be missed :) I'm aiming for the level 3 pledge under AD because Azrael is quite near the ALD/AD border - lots of opportunity there for profit and some BGS tinkering.

Cmdr Darkminded
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Darkminded
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Hello to all Empire pledegd players!

Postby Cmdr Darkminded » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:15 am

Tifu wrote:
Cmdr Darkminded wrote:
Tifu wrote:
I had doubts but I'm beginning to think I've picked the right one. Tracking the priorities in reddit, my Viper mk4 will be in Imperial space very soon.

PS. thanks for the hit list @DarkMinded

I think i will start to make weekly hit list, this week the Empire is stryking Hard at Winters, so if you would like, undermine Winters to hell :-D

Enviado do meu D2403 através de Tapatalk

What excellent timing ! :) Just bought and setup my DBscout specially for undermining. A weekly list is a fantastic idea :evil:

Star tunned this afternoon!!!

Viscount Darkminded, Diplomat of the Empire, Preceptor of The White Templars

Cmdr Darkminded
Harmless
Harmless

Re: RE: Re: Hello to all Empire pledegd players!

Postby Cmdr Darkminded » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:40 am

Black Rose wrote:I was super excited about the power play a few weeks back. I diligently worked to fortify HIP 16607. Actively undermined a Le Jon Rue system nearby to the tune of 3,000 merit points. Lavigny had no systems in turmoil, all system being expanded were under her control with no opposition and her existing holdings were all stable. She was in power position #3 and I felt like I did my share.

Then the new cycle started and she went to power position 6, not enough CC to even start in a new system, all the expanded systems lost...I was WTH?????? How does this thing work? Is it purely 100% random like everything else?

So now I just do whatever I feel like doing and let this crazy mess come out whichever way it feels like going as it seems that nothing a player does has any effect on the outcome what so ever.

Let me first say thank you for your commitment to ALD, second: don't get frustrated because your contribution was not the consensus with all the other players, last cycle, we where loosing the fighting with Zachary Hudson expansions, and we flipped the odds by doing last minute undermining, which got him into turmoil an lead to their loss of 2,5 MILLION merits invested in expansion, so things, can change very fast, another thing about ALD is that not allways are our expansions desirable, so we actively put ourselfs in turmoil, so we don't get them, that does not mean that you should not work for rank 5 every cycle, because along with the 50 million Credits Sallary comes a bónus of 100% in BH. That said, you should always do what ever you like, just please don't undermine more than 100% each system, that will be pointless for ALD, read the reddit ALD subReddit, /r/EliteLavigny, please do not undermine neutral or friendly powers, and always try to work undermining in wings, each ship killed by the wing will return 30 merits for each member of the wing, that means 120 merits in a full wing of 4 players

Black Rose

Re: RE: Re: Hello to all Empire pledegd players!

Postby Black Rose » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:29 pm

Cmdr Darkminded wrote:Let me first say thank you for your commitment to ALD, second: don't get frustrated because your contribution was not the consensus with all the other players, last cycle, we where loosing the fighting with Zachary Hudson expansions, and we flipped the odds by doing last minute undermining, which got him into turmoil an lead to their loss of 2,5 MILLION merits invested in expansion, so things, can change very fast, another thing about ALD is that not allways are our expansions desirable, so we actively put ourselfs in turmoil, so we don't get them, that does not mean that you should not work for rank 5 every cycle, because along with the 50 million Credits Sallary comes a bónus of 100% in BH. That said, you should always do what ever you like, just please don't undermine more than 100% each system, that will be pointless for ALD, read the reddit ALD subReddit, /r/EliteLavigny, please do not undermine neutral or friendly powers, and always try to work undermining in wings, each ship killed by the wing will return 30 merits for each member of the wing, that means 120 merits in a full wing of 4 players

Oh yes, I am fully aware of how the mechanic works :) My usual partner has been in ED since day 1 beta and I just started to actively play in early December 2015 and I had to explain it to him lol

I am a "do it now" so its not a rush at the end of the cycle kind of person, while my friend is a "do it later" kind of person. So I hit my undermine system the same day the new cycle starts, then add to it as the week progresses. He, on the other hand, does the rush routine at the 11th hour lol

The interdictions are frustrating for me as sometimes I have the the whole blue bare filled and the transports still wins and sometimes the red bar is almost full and I win, so the whole mini-game is about as predictable as the missions and everything else in the game. 100% random :(

I have a million beefs about the game but still log in and play for hours on end. My average pay session is 12 to 15 hours a day :)

Cmdr Darkminded
Harmless
Harmless

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Hello to all Empire pledegd players!

Postby Cmdr Darkminded » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:44 pm

Black Rose wrote:
Cmdr Darkminded wrote:Let me first say thank you for your commitment to ALD, second: don't get frustrated because your contribution was not the consensus with all the other players, last cycle, we where loosing the fighting with Zachary Hudson expansions, and we flipped the odds by doing last minute undermining, which got him into turmoil an lead to their loss of 2,5 MILLION merits invested in expansion, so things, can change very fast, another thing about ALD is that not allways are our expansions desirable, so we actively put ourselfs in turmoil, so we don't get them, that does not mean that you should not work for rank 5 every cycle, because along with the 50 million Credits Sallary comes a bónus of 100% in BH. That said, you should always do what ever you like, just please don't undermine more than 100% each system, that will be pointless for ALD, read the reddit ALD subReddit, /r/EliteLavigny, please do not undermine neutral or friendly powers, and always try to work undermining in wings, each ship killed by the wing will return 30 merits for each member of the wing, that means 120 merits in a full wing of 4 players

Oh yes, I am fully aware of how the mechanic works :) My usual partner has been in ED since day 1 beta and I just started to actively play in early December 2015 and I had to explain it to him lol

I am a "do it now" so its not a rush at the end of the cycle kind of person, while my friend is a "do it later" kind of person. So I hit my undermine system the same day the new cycle starts, then add to it as the week progresses. He, on the other hand, does the rush routine at the 11th hour lol

The interdictions are frustrating for me as sometimes I have the the whole blue bare filled and the transports still wins and sometimes the red bar is almost full and I win, so the whole mini-game is about as predictable as the missions and everything else in the game. 100% random :(

I have a million beefs about the game but still log in and play for hours on end. My average pay session is 12 to 15 hours a day :)

Then you should really join a group of players dedicated to PP, like the White Templars, you will always have at least one person to wing up with, and help you make te merits faster, our average in a system with a medium Spawn ( one wing every 2 or 3 npc's) is arround 1000 per hour!

Last edited by Cmdr Darkminded on Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tifu
Master
Master

Postby Tifu » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:46 pm

For all AD Commanders who are true to their pledge, there is now a war in Chnumar using BGS mechanics to pry the control of the system from the Chnumar Interstellar corporation (CIC) and hand it over to the Chnumar Empire League, based out of Abell Settlement on Chnumar A2. My take on this is that the 5C and/or venal Commanders pushing Chnumar (an obviously bad system) to be a control center are using CIC as their pawn to aid their manipulations. Billions of credits were spent by both sides in cycle 36 in an unprecedented prep war that the real AD faction fortunately won. As one Commander on the AD reddit said :

[–]CMDROlkleiOlklei (Aisling Black Hand) ★ 0 points 4 days ago*

"You're absolutely right. There is no such thing as a 5thC regarding Chnumar. The sooner we realise that the better for Aisling. Chnumar has a large population and a stable palladium production. As long as that is the case our merit grinders will prep that system. For them it's a win-win-run: merits&money. On the long run there are only two options to address this problem: BGS-manipulation to increase pally price or shifting CS in a way that Chnumar gets into a bubble. Otherwise we'll eat it some day."

Details of the effort can be found here :

https://www.reddit.com/r/AislingDuval/c ... f_chnumar/

As a Browncoat, I've stood to one side of Empire PP politics having a cynical view of the people involved and of the whole situation. But double dealing on this scale I will NOT tolerate. Let's take a decisive stand on the matter and finish off Chnumar as a vehicle for some people's greed and selfish ambition.

Tifu
Master
Master

Postby Tifu » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:58 pm

The moral lessons here is that you can do whatever you need to to win - but don't make the other guy hate you. It just doesn't pay off. This isn't the end of it by any measure :shock:

Macklroy
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Macklroy

Postby Macklroy » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:09 pm

My guess is this will be the norm for a while. Both Hudson and Winters are currently prepping systems that were lost by Mahon last cycle. Effectively stealing them away from the alliance. "All is fair in love and war" but to pull an operation of this scale against a power that they had an active "non aggression" pact with really doesn't sit well with a lot of people.

Being Empire aligned I'm always looking to pick a fight with the Feds. :) This event just brings more friends to the party!

Return to “Empire”