Rank up with Empire

Empire
Nasjon
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Rank up with Empire

Postby Nasjon » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:41 pm

Could someone please explain how to rank up with Empire i have done alot of missions with Empire and i have only got to rank: outsider. someone please help me

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Rank up with Empire

Postby Loriath » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:21 pm

Do missions for the local Empire Factions in a station till you are friendly/Allied with all the factions in the system that are Empire, then move on to another area 20ly or so and do it all again. If charity missions come up, make sure they are for Empire factions. Kill missions also raise your rep higher. do as much as you can to get all in a system Friendly/Allied, then move on to another area and keep going. The missions will pop for you.

Keep this up and you will get missions to rank up. Even when you get allied, keep going. Move around. The more factions that you impress the better.

Missions in rank of effectiveness to give you rep:

Kill Missions
Charity
Smuggling (illegal)
Fetch missions (illegal)
Fetch missions (legal)
Haul missions (goods)
Haul missions (data)

When you look at a mission it will tell you what you reward is, you will see 2 important parts.
Influence and Reputation.
Reputation is better for ranking, influence is better for boosting the local factions.
Missions worth more money (Kill/Smuggle/illegal fetch) are better for you to rank up.
Lower missions are better for influence.
Your rank in Combat/Trade/Exploration determine the value of the missions. Better combat rank means better pay for Kill missions. Better Trade means better for Suggling/Fetch. Better Exploration means better Fetch/Haul.

Don't worry so much about doing X number of this or that, just do what you want and have fun. Bored of smuggling? Take a kill mission. Bored of Kills, take a Haul mission. Like to Mine? Grab a mining mission.

I have no idea how mining missions affect it as I have done ZERO mining, and have no clue even where to begin.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:54 pm

**GREAT** explanation, Loriath!

Thanks for posting this. :)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

blazingmaniac
Expert
Expert
CMDR: blazing

Postby blazingmaniac » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:13 pm

Can testify to this. Have been doing rank missions for weeks. In the Azrael area. Nothing popped on the bulletin board.
So out of boredom yesterday I flew 35 lys away and low and behold. 2 progression missions.
It does seem that you need to leave the systems you have been ranking up in to get the missions to pop.

CMDR Abil Midena
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Abil Midena

Postby CMDR Abil Midena » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:05 pm

Ranking is no longer something you try to do, IMO. Just let it happen.

The main boards has a thread that shows how many missions you need to do for each rank. It's not pretty.
My Youtube Channel
Elite - Elite - Elite

Return to “Empire”