Gaining federal and combat rank at the same time?

Federation
GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Gaining federal and combat rank at the same time?

Postby GlobusDiablo » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:50 pm

Killing in the name of Zach at CZs should be a sure fire way to gain federal ranks and combat ranks quickly and at the same time, no?

Thanks in advance, and fly safe.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Gaining federal and combat rank at the same time?

Postby TorTorden » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:36 am

You gain rank by pretty much all activities that involves the bgs factions rep, i don't think merit hunting or power play does that at all since you don't return bounty or anything.
Trading and handing bounty vouchers affect faction rep and your rank, but after a bit its insignificant compared to what you need so you will have to grind missions at some point.

I believe aisling and winters gives bonus to faction rep gain but that's about it for aiding ranking with power play.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby GlobusDiablo » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:53 am

TorTorden wrote:You gain rank by pretty much all activities that involves the bgs factions rep, i don't think merit hunting or power play does that at all since you don't return bounty or anything.
Trading and handing bounty vouchers affect faction rep and your rank, but after a bit its insignificant compared to what you need so you will have to grind missions at some point.

I believe aisling and winters gives bonus to faction rep gain but that's about it for aiding ranking with power play.

Cheers TT. But isn't this ilogical? I mean, if I join Zach Hudson, and take/hand in the kill bonds (expansions in military strike zones), shouldn't that increase my standing with the federation?

Btw, just had a look at PP, and currently there are no expansion systems with Zach, so my argument is moot...

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby TorTorden » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:34 am

GlobusDiablo wrote:
TorTorden wrote:You gain rank by pretty much all activities that involves the bgs factions rep, i don't think merit hunting or power play does that at all since you don't return bounty or anything.

Cheers TT. But isn't this ilogical? I mean, if I join Zach Hudson, and take/hand in the kill bonds (expansions in military strike zones), shouldn't that increase my standing with the federation?

Btw, just had a look at PP, and currently there are no expansion systems with Zach, so my argument is moot...

Oh yeah, it's bat shit crazy coocoo puffs, and shows FD pretty much design features and mechanincs in a vacum.
But no bounty = no local faction rep..

By that I mean they fail to see how this new feature will affect other features and mechanics, or at least logically should influence or be influenced by them.

Instead they just figuratively tape new feature x on the bandwagon in a manner making things often feel a bit disconnected and quite possibly even harder to fix down the line.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby GlobusDiablo » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:40 am

TorTorden wrote:...Instead they just figuratively tape new feature x on the bandwagon in a manner making things often feel a bit disconnected and quite possibly even harder to fix down the line.

A bit. :P

Return to “Federation”