Federation
PillDoc98
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: PillDoc98
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Helping Hudson

Postby PillDoc98 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:39 am

Kal wrote:Same here the first time I try to get on using Mobius, but the second attempt has worked fine every time so far.

My son and I are supporting Hudson too and we did some undermining tonight against the alliance power. Got a sizable bounty on me now in that system so it was a good run. We are thinking about hitting Patreus next but would be glad to participate in a coordinated effort to help Hudson with expansion or undermining if anyone wants to group up to accomplish some specific goals. I've got my newly combat equipped python and my son is using his vulture. Seems to be a really good combo for taking out the scum that try to oppose Hudson.

How does that work, do u just kill competing powers ships, or is it mission based? Also, do u get attacked by fed ships for ur bounty, in fed space, or do they leave u alone? How bad of a rep hit do u take, as I'd like to ally with them down the road, so I can get all the permits, as I plan to rank up in the imp navy as well at some point.

Kal
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Kaldor Nighthawk

Postby Kal » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:55 am

Yes, you will attack the ships belonging to the power whose system you are undermining when you go to that system. For example, I just did Ocairi to lock it up so now they will have to pay the maintenance fees next cycle. when you are in the system to undermine there will be both patrol ships and supply transports or similar. when you target the ship the scan will tell you it belongs to the faction, and those are the ones you want to kill. You get 15 merits per kill doing this so if you are in a wing everyone that attacks the target gets 15 per ship. Once you are done, you go to one of the control systems for Hudson and on the contacts screen it will have that system listed and a box to click on to apply your merits from the kills. But there is no mission you have to accept, just find a system to undermine and go kill. :D

The bounties are system bounties so once you leave that system, even though the bounties are on you they are ignored by security ships in all other systems. I was even docking at stations in the system to repair/reload without any trouble. I currently have 7 different local system bounties on me from my activities. :evil:

Doing this has not had any impact on my reputation with the alliance or the empire. The only trouble we had was when my son interdicted a ship and I opened fire on it after he did without really looking at the ship info. After it blew up, we both got a nasty little message and docked 10 merits by Hudson. Turned out he had interdicted one of hudson's npc ships by mistake.

Sadly after I docked and redeemed tonight's kills, I realized I am 6 merits short of the 5 mil credit payout level. Guess I'll have to kill some more tomorrow.

Sigmar Prime
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Sigmar Prime

Postby Sigmar Prime » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:03 pm

Just to drop in and make a formal apology to the commander who jumped in Te Uira combat zone in his Diamondback yesterday:
I apologize profusely, was a long day and my mind was in autopilot. And it wasn't really needed to chase you down. But you'll be happy to know that the game docked my merits for shooting down a fellow Hudson supporter.
Sorry again.
Sigma.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Niccosuave
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Niccosuave

Postby Niccosuave » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:01 pm

(Edit: just realized the posts before me already described the exact same thing. Ug. Sorry.)

My favorite way to get Merits:

Equip your ship with an interdictor. Fly into any enemy power's control system (this does NOT work in exploited systems) and kill anyone you see aligned with any enemy major faction (ignore minor factions). Any kill you get using this method nets you 15 merits. It's a LOT fast than the 1 merit per kill you get in conflict zones (but maybe not as exciting). Note: you do not generally get bounties this way. BUT I tend to get about 500 merits for an hours work. Do this for about 3-4 hours in one week and now your at rating 4 with the bonus 5mil weekly credits and the access to new weapons (after 4 weeks pledged to a power).

The down side would be that you're going to rack up a huge bounty on your head in that system for being naughty. But, if you're like me, you won't care. It's enemy space. It keeps things exciting. It gets fun once the system enforcers start interdicting you for pay-back. I just throttle down and take them out for bonus merits.

Starion
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Starion

Postby Starion » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:28 pm

I'm assuming that an update after PP launched has updated the Merits system - I only started PP (with Hudson, naturally) about 4 weeks ago. If I'm undermining, I'm getting 30, not 15 merits per kill. And Military Strike (my new playgrounds) dish out 10 merits/kill, not the 1 mentioned in previous posts.
Slightly disappointed with the merit retention, as with the amount of time I can put into the game, I'll never be able to hit rating 5 (takes +/- 5300 merits/week to get it after 4 weeks AND maintain it), but quite happy with the 5mil a week I get for 1500 merits/week. Guess I'll just have to work for 5mil and the go bounty hunt for the rest of the week ;)

Return to “Federation”