Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: So what's a merc?

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:35 pm

Perfick........

:D

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Senex VII
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Senex VII
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Senex VII » Sun May 10, 2015 6:50 am

Gravedigging an old thread, I know, but I've found that bounty hunting at a resource extraction site is both more profitable and more enjoyable than fighting in a conflict zone. This is because:
  • A conflict zone is usually set away from obstacles like asteroids, so it's less interesting visually than bounty hunting at mining sites and less fun maneuvering. Asteroids can also be a tactical resource.
  • Conflict zones are more risky (as well as being more exciting/more stressful, depending on your point of view!) as you can suddenly be set upon by half a dozen heavily armed ships. This doesn't happen, at least not to that extent, when bounty hunting at mining sites.
  • The frequency of kills in conflict zones tends to be less than when bounty hunting, despite the number of targets, as it's harder to isolate a single target and stay clear of the others.
  • The reward per kill in conflict zones seems less than when bounty hunting. Apparently criminals bring in bigger profits than mercenaries.
Naturally YMMV. :)

Emanon
Master
Master
CMDR: Emanon

Postby Emanon » Mon May 11, 2015 4:49 pm

Malphator wrote:Mining can take a long walk off a very short pier, yes indeed.

It will get better with the next major update I'm sure!!! :-)
CMDR Emanon

Emanon
Master
Master
CMDR: Emanon

Postby Emanon » Mon May 11, 2015 4:51 pm

Senex VII wrote:Gravedigging an old thread, I know, but I've found that bounty hunting at a resource extraction site is both more profitable and more enjoyable than fighting in a conflict zone. This is because:
  • A conflict zone is usually set away from obstacles like asteroids, so it's less interesting visually than bounty hunting at mining sites and less fun maneuvering. Asteroids can also be a tactical resource.
  • Conflict zones are more risky (as well as being more exciting/more stressful, depending on your point of view!) as you can suddenly be set upon by half a dozen heavily armed ships. This doesn't happen, at least not to that extent, when bounty hunting at mining sites.
  • The frequency of kills in conflict zones tends to be less than when bounty hunting, despite the number of targets, as it's harder to isolate a single target and stay clear of the others.
  • The reward per kill in conflict zones seems less than when bounty hunting. Apparently criminals bring in bigger profits than mercenaries.
Naturally YMMV. :)

I know the "miles vary" but I think this has changed a lot with Wings. Now you get paid more (in both), but I've found it easier to wing up in a CZ because others may be there as opposed to the RES I go to any given day and once in a Wing they both are easy money. I sometimes find in RES sites, I'm spending more time acquiring targets too, in CZs they are plentiful.
CMDR Emanon

Return to “Mercenary Squad”