Frostillicus
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Frostillicus
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

HazRes boringly slow?

Postby Frostillicus » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:18 pm

Not sure what I'm doing wrong so maybe someone can help:

I go into a HAZRES and look for weapons fire then, if the target is wanted I tag it or if I can take out the [wanted] attacker I'll kill that if it looks like it'll give more bounty. The problem is that after one kill the whole area seems to become peaceful or full of targets I can't kill like a wing of 3 consisting of a python, cobra, and something else.

I've logged out and back in and jumped out and back in but nothing seems to reset the instance. Is this normal for the game? All the YouTube BH guides look really good but my experience so far is really quite boring because I end up stuck with a bunch of clippers and pythons that won't shoot each other and I've no hope of killing them (have tried. nearly died.)

smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: HazRes boringly slow?

Postby smartroad » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:04 pm

Your in the wrong HazRes ;) I've been in some where, like you, there is no real hazard and the bounties are shockingly small! But others I have had choice picks of Anaconda's, Pythons, Federal (xxx)ship etc. All with bounties going from 90k upwards. I think it depends on the system government and the instance you end up in.

Try either jumping out and back in again or switch to another mode (solo/open/another group) and see if that spawns more ships. If you still have a low spawn rate, try another system with a less stable government :)

Hope this helps a little?
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

Bowza
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Bowza

Postby Bowza » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:18 pm

if you cant handle the wings try a high res not a haz?

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:57 pm

It varies greatly from system to system.

Also, a res site that's being used by a lot of pilots hunting for bounties will eventually dry out the amount of pirates in the system.
This is universe spanning, so not just your instance or group, but all groups and all instances, including solo.
Only thing to do then is try another system for a few days, and maybe come back later.
So pretty much like trade routes affecting a stations prices as the supply and demand variables is being depleted, only the values in this case is fairly invisible.

And some systems are just plain shit for bounty hunting, regardless.

I now have at least half a dozen systems with resource sites and other activities in and around my main hub so if my home system's resources sites dry up I move off a few Ly and try one of them.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:40 pm

A High RES may be better for you, since there will be cops to help you take down the larger NPC's.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

ChillinZX
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: CMDR ChillinZX

Postby ChillinZX » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:14 pm

A couple months ago I was Haz Res'n in Maiki and winged with a random cmdr while in there, we saw 4 winged Anaconda's rolling together. We talked about it for like 2 minutes whether or not to engage, we decided not to. So here I am shooting one of the winged Anaconda's because I'm an idiot, we nailed 2 right away, I fly out to recharge my shield (no shield banks, only hull reinforcments), I fly back in, my partner flys out to recharge while I engage the third, he comes back in and we both get the 4th Anaconda, and we literally annihilated the 4th one in 10 seconds. He was in a Vulture with 2x C3 pulse, I'm in a FDL with 4x c2 multi-cannons and 1 c3 beam laser. Can't go wrong with the multi-cannons, it shreads. This was by far the toughest and most rewarding Res hunt I've ever seen.

holl0918
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: holl0918

Postby holl0918 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:05 pm

Frostillicus wrote:Not sure what I'm doing wrong so maybe someone can help:

I go into a HAZRES and look for weapons fire then, if the target is wanted I tag it or if I can take out the [wanted] attacker I'll kill that if it looks like it'll give more bounty. The problem is that after one kill the whole area seems to become peaceful or full of targets I can't kill like a wing of 3 consisting of a python, cobra, and something else.

I've logged out and back in and jumped out and back in but nothing seems to reset the instance. Is this normal for the game? All the YouTube BH guides look really good but my experience so far is really quite boring because I end up stuck with a bunch of clippers and pythons that won't shoot each other and I've no hope of killing them (have tried. nearly died.)

The higher the reserve levels (common, pristine, etc.) in the ring, the more npcs spawn, both miners and pirates.

Return to “Bounty Hunter Bunch”