Looking for advice for Python combat build.

Bounty Hunter Bunch
Platoxia
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Platoxia
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Looking for advice for Python combat build.

Postby Platoxia » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:48 am

Coming back after 1.5/2.0 updates and can't seem to find any joy in combat. I used to use SCBs but can't now due to the overheating. I tried a new build that bulks up the hull but find that to be pretty unremarkable due to the horrible handling.

It used to be I could stay out in a CZ or RES until my hands got tired of gripping the HOTAS. Now it seems I can only manage a few fights before I have to go running in for repairs due to uncomfortable amounts of hull damage or, more times than not, my canopy being blown out (which never used to happen). On top of all that, it seems the NPCs hit a lot harder than they used too and use lots of SCBs...which somehow doesn't seem to affect them like it does us.

I've tried the FAS, which I like but is nowhere in the class of the Python, and the *new* version of the FDL, which I still don't like.

I'm torn as to what to do. I just can't seem to find my groove since coming back.

Edit:

I guess I'm asking if anyone has a Python combat build that works for you to post it.

I have been able to use some SCBs provided I fire off a heat sink at the same time but the NPCs tear through my shields so much faster than before that it hardly seems worth the effort.

blazingmaniac
Expert
Expert
CMDR: blazing

Re: Looking for advice for Python combat build.

Postby blazingmaniac » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:56 am

This is the loadout i have used for a long time Python loadout

The only variations I make are if i am going into a CZ. Then I will swap put the KWS for another Shield Booster and will add a second SCB but deactivate it untill the first is used then swap over. It serves me very well indeed and I have not really changed my playstyle since outfitting it many months ago.
I tend to get up close to the bigger ships before engaging them, I always target the Power plant on anything ASP sized and bigger. In RES's I will only take on wings once they have engaged other NPC ships so I can then get the drop on the main wing ship while it is attacking something else.
Other things I do which i read else where that others do (think JL mentioned it) wait till an NPC scans you, then as they turn away after taunting you about being a waste of time/effort etc, hit them with the PA and beams, normally a single capacitor charge will wipe out most ships shields, then pound them with the cannons untill the capacitor has recharged then hit them with both beams and cannons.

Regarding the SCB's yes you do take damage when using them but to me the benefits still outweigh the damage. If possible before I use one I will try and fly away from the combat, stow hardpoints, then go into modules and disable all possible units, point defence, all weapons, etc. Basically only things left functional are the shields (as you want to recharge them) life support and other essential modules.

This means that the heat only seems to spike to about 120 for literally a fraction of a second then it drops off again. Once done reactivate all the required modules.

Now this sounds like a lot of grief but in reality it doesn't take long to do, obviously there are times when you have to fire a SCB in the heat of battle. All you can do is try and run while the ships cools down as much as possible before triggering it but in all honesty the cost of the damage is not that much. for example I did a CZ session in Exioce for the Mobius war there. I used one full set of SCB's over the course of an hour. The repairs costed in at about 150,000 but the bounties came in at 1.5 million so a drop in the ocean cost wise.

I have never lost my canopy in my Python so not sure why your's seems to go so often, maybe wing up with others for a bit of added protection till you get back into the zone.
I'm happy to assist if we are in game at the same time.

Hope this is of some help.

LionOfNarnia
Master
Master
CMDR: Lion Freeman

Postby LionOfNarnia » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:41 am

Basically, what he said ^.

Here's my CZ build for 'Monty, of Course'
"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:34 pm

2.0 did shake the boat quite a bit yes, and as you notice npc's still cheat like no tomorrow in regards to heat and ammo and has been given some new guns to boot.

Egales and asp's now at least higher ranking ones field turreted railguns, and vulture often sport a plasma accelerator.

As for SCB's they have actually been boosted quite heavily along with their nerf, I can pop one single class 6 cell and it would recharge as much as a class 6,5 and a couple of 4's fired simultaneously pre patch so you don't need to carry banks and banks of scb's like before.

Heat sinks has also been boosted heavily, they fire for just as long as scb's now and take away all your heat, pop an scb, wait three seconds pop a heat sink (or when heat hits 75%), you will hit 0% heat and suffer no damage.

We also have been given a new form of shields, the Bi-weave shield generator, this has significantly higher regen both for reformation of lost shields and just general recharge, they only come in C rating and are generally weaker, but you can be back from 0 sheilds to full strength in less a couple minutes in a python instead of nearly ten.

And finally even regular shield gen's are now pulling more power during reformation of shields, at least for higher classes so you get back up faster, before this, loosing shields in a conda meant you might as well go afk and make a grill cheese sandwich, and eat it.

Using bi-weaves are great, they get back really quick, and in my opinion this alone outweighs for having less shields as before, you might have to reconsider taking on a wing of 3 solo, but it's still do able.

But they will go down faster and after 2.0 upgrading armor (especially mil spec or above) has a lot more for it than before and the hull upgrades soaks up heat, causing modules to take less damage when you do use an SCB.
And lastly the SCB does only do a few percentages of module damage, replace one of your lesser banks from 1.4 with AFMU and you can simply repair this in field, EVEN THE COCKPIT! (but not from 0%)

Here is my last multipurpose (mainly combat) Python build Donna

PS: no need to offline KW scanners and guns, retracting hardpoints does this for you ;P

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:04 pm

I disagree with your statement that they are using Turreted Rails as they don't exist. However they are very adept at FAOff so that may be the confusion. It has been stated before by the AI programmer herself that they do not use weapons that are not available to us. They do use Pip Management, SCBs, FAOff, Heat Sinks, and unusual weapon combinations. Such as Dual PA Vultures, Quad Rail Asps, Turreted Pythons with Frag Cannons.

But not Turreted Rails or any other that do not exist for us. Anything that is really weird is usually a bug.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:46 pm

Loriath wrote:I disagree with your statement that they are using Turreted Rails as they don't exist. However they are very adept at FAOff so that may be the confusion. It has been stated before by the AI programmer herself that they do not use weapons that are not available to us. They do use Pip Management, SCBs, FAOff, Heat Sinks, and unusual weapon combinations. Such as Dual PA Vultures, Quad Rail Asps, Turreted Pythons with Frag Cannons.

But not Turreted Rails or any other that do not exist for us. Anything that is really weird is usually a bug.

Well how else would you explain it, when I'm flying directly behind his ass, and they are still nailing me with a rail gun...

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Telengo
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Telengo

Postby Telengo » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:49 pm

I know what you mean I have found that my poor Python is suddenly getting overheaded badly. I am currently in the combat zone in Exoice helping out The Order of Mobius, and was getting into problems. While sucking up the heat damage is one way, but I found after three SCB's i was getting module damage. I have now replaced all my shield boosters with heat sinks and run http://coriolis.io/outfit/python/06A6A5 ... =.Aw18eQ==

Just keep on top of your shields and run if they get taken down, and come back in when charged.

EDIT - I run 6B because there were no A's at the time. :(

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång

Postby uvelius » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:19 pm

Suggestion: Blend topic with Python loadout thread for easier reference?
http://elitepve.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2567

Thread list

Platoxia
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Platoxia

Postby Platoxia » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:14 pm

So I've found a happy medium in between the overweight build I was using and one with SCBs. It turns out I was just too heavy before and couldn't maneuver well enough. This build seems to work for the time being: http://coriolis.io/outfit/python/17B6A5A4A7A6A5C0v0v2b1c1c04020404B13c132d2d6m585828.AwRj4yoo.AwgsIytdl4g=?bn=Fuck%20Your%20Face

LionOfNarnia
Master
Master
CMDR: Lion Freeman

Postby LionOfNarnia » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:50 pm

Platoxia wrote:So I've found a happy medium in between the overweight build I was using and one with SCBs. It turns out I was just too heavy before and couldn't maneuver well enough. This build seems to work for the time being: http://coriolis.io/outfit/python/17B6A5A4A7A6A5C0v0v2b1c1c04020404B13c132d2d6m585828.AwRj4yoo.AwgsIytdl4g=?bn=Fuck%20Your%20Face

Perhaps something to consider regarding HRPs ;)

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4185
"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

Return to “Bounty Hunter Bunch”