Bomber
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Buzz Corry
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Compromised Nav Beacons

Postby Bomber » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:35 am

Hi Cmdrs,

Does anyone know where we can find an up-to-date list of 'Compromised Nav Beacons'?
I found one in steam but it appears to be out of date.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/359320/di ... 521097674/
If anyone knows of any pin them up please.

LionOfNarnia
Master
Master
CMDR: Lion Freeman

Re: Compromised Nav Beacons

Postby LionOfNarnia » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:06 am

There are 2 close to Azrael that I know of, and I'm having lots of fun with them :D

COASTAKAL (where I have an 'accidental bounty' for the next couple of days)
&
ASPHODEL which also has CZs, 2 hi- & 1 lo-
"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

Bomber
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Bomber » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:20 am

Thanks for those. I posted up on the main frontier forum but posts kinda get lost in the volume there.
It would be great if the Galnet news listed the current Compromised Nav Beacons every week?

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:39 am

I think the whole point is that you are not supposed to know they are comprimised until you find them. Its like computer hacking. Although I have no idea how they revert to normal. May be like a CG or something where there is a time limit then they revert. I can't imagine they stay like that forever.

Wouldn't you expect someone to fix them after a while even if the Repairs take longer then FD Bug fixes ?:)
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Bomber
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Bomber » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:48 am

Aye I think you're right but I was looking for a thread from Cmdrs that lists current ones as they stumble on them:)
and/or lets Cmdrs know when these sites stop being 'Compromised'?

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:12 pm

Loriath wrote:I think the whole point is that you are not supposed to know they are comprimised until you find them. Its like computer hacking. Although I have no idea how they revert to normal. May be like a CG or something where there is a time limit then they revert. I can't imagine they stay like that forever.

Wouldn't you expect someone to fix them after a while even if the Repairs take longer then FD Bug fixes ?:)

Well, technically Hazardous RES are compromised too (you get the same message when you enter them, if I recall correctly) and I’ve never seen one turn back to “normal”.

That being said, if repairing them takes longer than FD’s bug fixes, they may still be compromised at the End of the Universe. ;)
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Bomber
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Bomber » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:40 pm

I think the Haz Res are permanent. If you dont carry cargo and are neutral in Haz Res you tend to be able to pick and chose your fights as a BH?
I might be wrong but in Compromised Navs the pirates tend to wade into you with/without cargo and even if your neutral?
I stumbled on one way back and was getting pasted right from the start! The Compromised Navs are good fun but you have to come in 'locked & loaded' shooting first asking questions later:)

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:51 pm

Bomber wrote:I think the Haz Res are permanent. If you dont carry cargo and are neutral in Haz Res you tend to be able to pick and chose your fights as a BH?
I might be wrong but in Compromised Navs the pirates tend to wade into you with/without cargo and even if your neutral?
I stumbled on one way back and was getting pasted right from the start! The Compromised Navs are good fun but you have to come in 'locked & loaded' shooting first asking questions later:)

I've not noticed an issue with the Comp Navs, the ones I've been to I've only ever been attacked when I have cargo.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:07 pm

Can anyone hazard an explanation of what the Nav Beacon is actually for and how 'compromised' changes them? Their sole function seems to be the focal point of a public place where ships hang about for no logical reason and pirates come to be killed - compromised the same but more so.

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:18 pm

No idea on what they are for (except for providing a place to find pirates) but when Nav Beacons are compromised, system security cannot be called. So they tend to attract more pirates.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Return to “Bounty Hunter Bunch”