Bounty Hunter Bunch
Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Bounty Hunting Locations & Primer

Postby Flip » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:34 pm

ZATZAi wrote:For those who would always go hunting in LP 98-132 and are finding it lackluster since Beta 3, try Morgor. I've been having a lot of success over there and seeing the sort of traffic I used to see in LP 98-132 in Morgor.

Last night I killed two Imperial Clippers, an Anaconda, an Asp and a few Cobras and Eagles at 98-132's nav beacon (I'm in a Viper). So it's not total desert, there. But thanks for the tip. I'll check Morgor out. :)
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

ZATZAi
Novice
Novice
CMDR: ZATZAi

Postby ZATZAi » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:04 pm

Flip wrote:Last night I killed two Imperial Clippers, an Anaconda, an Asp and a few Cobras and Eagles at 98-132's nav beacon (I'm in a Viper). So it's not total desert, there. But thanks for the tip. I'll check Morgor out. :)

Yah I got around 140k out of LP 98 the first night but that was with killing a 45k Anaconda. Since then it's mostly low value Sidewinders.

I've been seeing a lot of Cobras, Clippers, Dropships, Asps and Anacondas in Morgor. More than I saw in Beta 2.06. Maybe something changed with 3.02 or maybe there is a ebb and flow to traffic, and one just has to discern the pattern (This is a theory I want to explore more).

It would be interesting if too much bounty hunting in one area could farm out the system as the ships take alternative routes...

-ZATZAi

Artie
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Artie

Postby Artie » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:39 pm

Great guide, ZATZAi! I completely missed there is an options to disable detected crimes reporting, good to know.
As I am not bounty hunting too much, I want to ask about the specific target hunting - for example, if you need to kill War Essence or so. Is there the best chance to meet the target at the nav beacons from your experience? Or it is just pure luck and you must check nav beacons, extraction sites, unknown signal sources, etc. and hope you will find the target in the mission time limit?

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:47 pm

Here's a Traffic Report hot in from LP98-132.......

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo

Postby GlobusDiablo » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:51 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:Here's a Traffic Report hot in from LP98-132.......

That's a lot of traffic. But it's NPC's as well I suppose?

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:00 pm

All NPC's.........

I was in Solo.............

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby GlobusDiablo » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:19 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:All NPC's.........

So what's the traffic report worth? I know it's a gameplay gimmick, but I thought it had some relevans to us gamers. Immersion breaker... :?

Artie
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Artie

Postby Artie » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:06 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:All NPC's.........

Well, I think it is a real players traffic, even you are playing solo. I was watching these reports previous beta (playing solo most the time during it) and there was clearly visible how traffic shifts from Sidewinders to more expensive ships each day.

ZATZAi
Novice
Novice
CMDR: ZATZAi

Postby ZATZAi » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:08 pm

Artie wrote:Great guide, ZATZAi! I completely missed there is an options to disable detected crimes reporting, good to know.

Yah it's a little simplified in Beta 3, now there is just one option. To disable crimes against you, no longer the option to disable crimes you witness.

Artie wrote:As I am not bounty hunting too much, I want to ask about the specific target hunting - for example, if you need to kill War Essence or so. Is there the best chance to meet the target at the nav beacons from your experience? Or it is just pure luck and you must check nav beacons, extraction sites, unknown signal sources, etc. and hope you will find the target in the mission time limit?

I suppose you could call that Bounty Hunting,I've always thought of them more as mission running, but yah. Anyway for those missions you just need to visit every USS (Unidentified Signal Source) in the system in question. So if it's War Essence (Which is a very tought Anaconda btw) in Eranin then visit every USS in Eranin you detect. He will eventually pop up in one of them...

That is the only way to do those missions. Some of those Named NPCs (As there called) can be rather hard to find. I wish there more to it then that, like being able to ask other NPCs for clues, or scan the system or something. But no, it's totally random right now.

Cmdr Kharma wrote:Here's a Traffic Report hot in from LP98-132.......

Thanks, traffic seems to be on the upswing since Beta 3.

GlobusDiablo wrote:That's a lot of traffic. But it's NPC's as well I suppose?

Yes the traffic report is Players and NPCs as I understand it. Whether you fly in private, open or solo (It's all combined). That stuff all gets tracked and sent back to the server to be shared with everyone. You can check the stats on any mode of gameplay as well for that reason. The fact that we just had a wipe and everyone got sent back to the home systems (Of which LP 98-132 is a part of) is probably why traffic is so high right now, so many people got sent back to the home systems with the Beta 3 wipe.

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby GlobusDiablo » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:44 pm

ZATZAi wrote:........Yes the traffic report is Players and NPCs as I understand it. Whether you fly in private, open or solo (It's all combined). That stuff all gets tracked and sent back to the server to be shared with everyone. You can check the stats on any mode of gameplay as well for that reason. The fact that we just had a wipe and everyone got sent back to the home systems (Of which LP 98-132 is a part of) is probably why traffic is so high right now, so many people got sent back to the home systems with the Beta 3 wipe.

Cheers for clearing that up ZATZAi. :)

Return to “Bounty Hunter Bunch”