Artie
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Artie
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Bounty Hunting Locations & Primer

Postby Artie » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:20 am

ZATZAi wrote:...
That is the only way to do those missions. Some of those Named NPCs (As there called) can be rather hard to find. I wish there more to it then that, like being able to ask other NPCs for clues, or scan the system or something. But no, it's totally random right now...

Thanks for clarification, that explains why I usually missed them, as I was not checking scanning signal sources too much. :)

Cmdr A von Uberwald
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Angua von Überwald

Postby Cmdr A von Uberwald » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:54 pm

Very extensive and informative.

Thanks for taking the time to share.

Duita Rider
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Duita Rider

Postby Duita Rider » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:37 pm

ZATZAi wrote:Image

I’ve been Bounty Hunting in Elite Dangerous with others for a little while now...

Hi Zatzai,

really good topic/article :)

I'm part of the ED French speaking community. http://www.elite-dangerous.fr/

If you authorize me to share it with the French speaking community it would be great :)

Thanks for your feedback over PM

Munkster
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Munkster

Postby Munkster » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:52 am

You can also add Debris Fields as a prime locations for bounty hunting, they are rare but the NPC's all have bounties and they just keep on coming, non stop. The bounties are higher than at a Nav Beacon as well.

CMDR Navin
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Kodiack

Postby CMDR Navin » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:05 pm

Nice as a new player to the game this is some useful intel on Bounty Hunting, I'll have to keep this stuff in mind as I'm out there, and I agree with Flip hunting in the Extraction Site is much more fun than at the Nav Point. Seems to me there a lot more target to chose from.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:19 am

Thanks, ZATZAi. When I try bounty hunting for real, with a KWS, I'll be back to review this.

I've been playing around doing basic bounty hunting at RES sites the last few nights. It does seem to be mostly Sides at 2-3k, and if you stick around, Cobras show up for a bit more. I'd usually just fly around targeting every ship in range and doing a basic scan on the unknowns. But I think I've found a trick to get higher bounties at RES sites.

I followed a system authority vessel who was zooming off at a high rate of speed. When he got where he was going, there was a Cobra that yielded a high bounty. So then I tried to follow other cops and it worked again, but it was still kind of a random thing. Then I started just scanning space for squiggly "vapor" trails, or for lasers shooting off into space - not into asteroids. If I'd zoom over there, I'd almost find a high value target. I was routinely getting 10k-20k for Cobras, and Sideys would yield 5k. They were also higher ranking - no harmless or novice pilots.

Tonight I made 175k in about an hour. :)

Update:
Next night, 59 minutes launch to landing, 19 kills, 182k earned, 2k reload. Mostly Cobras, 8-16k.
This seems pretty good from what I've been reading about what others are doing.
Last edited by Roger Wilco Jr on Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's time to give this another go.

Ozzy81
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Ozzy81

Postby Ozzy81 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:27 pm

I think I've found a bounty hunters jackpot. System name is LTT 8740, it's an anarchy and has 2 RES. I visited one - pirate anacondas spawning, 60-80k each. Tbh iz would be better to tag team them, lesser stress. The downside is, there's only one outpost there with no repair facilities but you can rearm. The site also spawns cobras - 12-25k.

On the curious side, eventhough it's an anarchy, there are system security ships. They turn hostile on you once you kill someone, but don't fire unless fired upon (think this part is bugged).

EDIT: They do attack as soon as there are no other valid targets in vicinity so not such a great spot after all.

InoiTroriak
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Inoi Troriak

Postby InoiTroriak » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:21 am

a small tip for the new started if want making quick money visit LTT 18486 is just next to the start system no far traveling needed

NB quick question since im new here do we need to add Mobious to our in game name or something? how else do I know I dont shoot a fellow member as a new member I am still waiting for approval to join the group and I rather now have already killed my fellow man before I am even in :)

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:33 am

Hi InoiTroriak,

Not everybody starts from the same system, so LTT 18486 can be pretty far away.

When your request will have been accepted, you'll just have to click Start, then Private Group, then Mobius. You'll then be playing in the group and every player you'll see will be too. Of course you'll also see NPC's (AI's) and these are OK to kill. Human players can be identified by the presence of CMDR in front of their names and by their hollow shape in the scanner (NPC's are shown as solid shapes). Obviously, players are not OK to kill, except in conflict zones. See the Policy page, linked at the top of every page in the forum, for all the details.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:51 am

I could use an update, especially in regards to playing with other commanders. I've tried looking this up, but there is so much contradictory or outdated info , especially on the main forums, that I can't make sense of it. I've basically played alone these last few months - until today with Hengest. I didn't really know what I was doing and if there are some general guidelines about bounty hunting around and with other commanders that I should have been following.

Is "kill stealing" still a thing? I thought bounties were supposed to be shared. When I BH at RE sites, I always seem to get the whole bounty, whether system security is shooting the target and whether I take the last shot, or not. I've not used a KWS so I can't be sure, but I usually get the same bounties regardless. With Hengest, I received no bounties on a couple ships that we were both attacking. Hengest got the last shot on both (that wasn't any kind of accusation - on one I started attacking another target, and on the other I accidentally boosted past the target). So is it different with NPCs and CMDRs? If Hengest was attacking a target and I joined in at took the last shot, would I have stolen the bounty?

When is accidentally shooting "friendlies" a problem? I'm sure I've accidentally shot local security ships and I no longer get a bounty and wanted status like I used to get. I can't remember if they were allied or not. But today I accidentally boosted into Hengest's line of fire and he accidentally hit me. He got a bounty and the local security started attacking him, driving him out of the system. I'm not currently allied with Hengest, if that makes a difference. Is there a difference between shooting local security, clean NPCs, and clean CMDRs, and whether they are allied or not? Should you turn off crime reporting if you are BH with another commander, or would the local security detect in anyway?

I'd also be curious if they have different rules for players in wings? For example, will accidentally shooting a wing mate not be considered a crime? And if a wing attacks a target, who gets the bounty? I can read up on these as the info is still current. And, of course, wings can always make their own rules for how to deal with the system.

Thanks. :mrgreen:
It's time to give this another go.

Return to “Bounty Hunter Bunch”