Bounty Hunter Bunch
ZATZAi
Novice
Novice
CMDR: ZATZAi
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Bounty Hunting Locations & Primer

Postby ZATZAi » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:46 am

Flip wrote:About the voucher, I found yesterday that if you get rammed by an NPC and lose your ship, your voucher aren't lost anymore. Not sure if this a bug or a temporary way to work around the ramming NPC bug.

Yah I've seen people say it both ways. So not sure how reliable that is yet, have not experienced it yet that way myself either. Will no doubt need to update this after Beta 3 anyway...

-ZATZAi

ZATZAi
Novice
Novice

Postby ZATZAi » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:55 am

Avago-Earo wrote:You mention that if you are killed that your bounty vouchers expire too. I assume though that if you purchase another ship (not after you've been killed, just to be clear) you get to keep them. Just wondering because the jump range in the ship you won the vouchers in may not have the jump range to collect them.

That would make sense, but Frontier has specifically stated that vouchers are tied to the ship. In Elite lore when your ship blows up you don't die, you escape in a escape pod that whisks you back to the last station you were in. You only really die if this pod malfunctions or you run out of air, but you still come back in the last station. This really only matters for Ironman mode when that eventually launches.

To answer your question. I don't know, would have to test it to see!

-ZATZAi

Brixmis
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Brixmis

Postby Brixmis » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:03 am

Also note that my bounty vanished at some stage.

No lost ship, no warrants against me (although a fine to pay) and when I got to port, the voucher was gone. FD couldn't replicate the bug - but be warned, it does exist ;)

Wolf
Master
Master
CMDR: Dexter Wolf

Postby Wolf » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:45 am

ZATZAi wrote:All right, all done with the Bounty Hunting guide. It ended up being about 11 pages in Word.

The fact that the forum limits us to 5 images per post max did mean I had to cut out some of the images I made. Actually I had to rewrite a good chunk of it to move the photos to other posts and still have it make sense.

Hopefully it's useful, I tried to target it at beginners with the Primer itself and more experienced players with the list of locations to go bounty hunting. If you guys like this I may make more guides in the future...

Wow, great work mate! Thank you very much for this contribution!

As far as the image limit is concerned, I see for a post like this it is to low, but usually 5 should be more than enough for any normal, so I would prefer not to raise the standard limit to prevent overblown and unreadable posts.

And you managed to make the guide look great anyway! :)
Kudos!

DevNull
Novice
Novice
CMDR: DeVice Null
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby DevNull » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:12 am

Great work and very userful.
Thanks !

(Stick this thread please :) )

Jockgit64
Master
Master
CMDR: Jockgit
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Jockgit64 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:58 pm

Now that we are going into Beta 3 and I will have lost my Hauler, I may just pimp up the Sidey and give Bounty Hunting a go.

Excellent write up, thank you. :)

Mr_Average
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Mr_Average

Postby Mr_Average » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:08 pm

Very well done, thanks.

I presume having a fairly large amount in the bank is advisable for insurance, ammo, refuels, repairs etc.

ZATZAi
Novice
Novice

Postby ZATZAi » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:17 am

Mr_Average wrote:Very well done, thanks.

I presume having a fairly large amount in the bank is advisable for insurance, ammo, refuels, repairs etc.

It always good to have enough for insurances once or twice over. That said, you shouldn't be afraid to turn tail and run when bounty hunting. After all, this isn't war it's business.

ZATZAi
Novice
Novice

Postby ZATZAi » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:20 pm

I will be updating this for Beta 3 in a few days after I get some more hands on experience with the changes to see what I need to change in the article. Almost all of it is still relevant. That said I wanted to add this real quick...

For those who would always go hunting in LP 98-132 and are finding it lackluster since Beta 3, try Morgor. I've been having a lot of success over there and seeing the sort of traffic I used to see in LP 98-132 in Morgor.

Wolf
Master
Master
CMDR: Dexter Wolf

Postby Wolf » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:28 pm

Thanks, ZATZAi, for all the effort you are putting into this. Really well made and really helpful!

Return to “Bounty Hunter Bunch”