Bounty Hunter Bunch
Antmax
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Antmax
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Bounty Hunting Locations & Primer

Postby Antmax » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:34 pm

They recently changed the rules so friendly fire isn't an automatic crime. NPC's on your side will take a little accidental damage before they retaliate. Certain variables like what weapon you used, your status with their faction and the condition of their shields are taken into account. So if your friendly or allied they will be more tolerant.

I don't think bounty sharing is a thing yet, not until 1.2 wings on tuesday. Then rewards are shared between other members. I don't think it matters whether its trading, bounties etc. Not sure how it is divided though.

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:14 pm

Antmax wrote:They recently changed the rules so friendly fire isn't an automatic crime. NPC's on your side will take a little accidental damage before they retaliate. Certain variables like what weapon you used, your status with their faction and the condition of their shields are taken into account. So if your friendly or allied they will be more tolerant.

It also depends on whether you targeted the friendly you hit or not.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:22 pm

Thanks. So does it make a difference whether it's an NPC or a CMDR? I know Hengest didn't target me, just splashed my shield with a few rounds or photons. but I was "orange" to him. So if I was allied, would he have not gotten a bounty? Or would my being a CMDR have made it a crime regardless?

I know I hit some local security vessel's shields yesterday and no crime was reported. I think he was "orange", but it happened too fast and he wasn't targeted. Or would he have had to be allied to avoid the crime?

If I understand wings correctly, you can even murder a wingman w/o it being a crime. I could see a wingman taking hits not being a crime, as it should be, but a kill shot? I suppose a kill shot could still be an accident, but not with a lot of shooting leading up to it. And if a wingman acts a bait or is flying cover, and doesn't get a shot on target, he doesn't get to share in the bounty? Both these seem wrong and I hope they fix them before release tomorrow.
It's time to give this another go.

Wolf
Master
Master
CMDR: Dexter Wolf

Postby Wolf » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:50 am

Thread moved to Bounty Hunters.

Zeroxephon
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Zeroxephon

Postby Zeroxephon » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:57 pm

I think the original post need updating. Resource extraction sites yield WAY more credits now than nav beacons. I will rack up about a mill or slightly more an hour if nothing stupid happens. Like getting a bounty for shooting a wanted npc. If you load into a instance at a RES where its just throwing small ships at you, simply leave and come back. You may have to do this several times before you get a good set up. What is a good set up you ask? Last night I had a killer set up. 98% large ships (anacondas, pythons, fed drop ships, clippers.) just constantly spawning in. So much so that the local SAVs could not keep up with it and I was having to chose between blowing up a clipper or two, or a shielded anaconda. just soooooo many large ships. I think I racked up about 4 mill in 2 hrs. This would have been a perfect time to have a wingman with me. Even though its splitting the pot there was MORE than enough to go around.

Miller
Novice
Novice
CMDR: MillerTheWanderer

Postby Miller » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:43 pm

Zeroxephon wrote:I think the original post need updating. Resource extraction sites yield WAY more credits now than nav beacons. I will rack up about a mill or slightly more an hour if nothing stupid happens. Like getting a bounty for shooting a wanted npc. If you load into a instance at a RES where its just throwing small ships at you, simply leave and come back. You may have to do this several times before you get a good set up. What is a good set up you ask? Last night I had a killer set up. 98% large ships (anacondas, pythons, fed drop ships, clippers.) just constantly spawning in. So much so that the local SAVs could not keep up with it and I was having to chose between blowing up a clipper or two, or a shielded anaconda. just soooooo many large ships. I think I racked up about 4 mill in 2 hrs. This would have been a perfect time to have a wingman with me. Even though its splitting the pot there was MORE than enough to go around.

where are you at Zeroxephon? I'll be more than happy to swing by :D

Vaesna
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Vaesna

Postby Vaesna » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:10 pm

yeah same here ^^ woulnd mind farming another spot with you guys in a wing. Way more fun.

Emanon
Master
Master
CMDR: Emanon

Postby Emanon » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:15 pm

Great read thanks Zatzai.
CMDR Emanon

HereticZero
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: HereticZero

Postby HereticZero » Wed May 06, 2015 3:24 am

36 OPHIUCHI
70 OPHIUCHI
LHS 3356

All Anarchy systems, all have Nav Beacons.

Pentagoni
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Pentagoni

Postby Pentagoni » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:43 am

I make 2,5 million every hour. Location LHS 3505, then find [Hazardous] extraction site. Prices: Anaconda max. 340k, Python max 200k, Asp Explorer max. 120k, and so on. I hope you visit there :)

Return to “Bounty Hunter Bunch”