Bounty Hunter Bunch
outcast-luc
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: outcast-luc
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Power play for hunters !!

Postby outcast-luc » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:30 am

In my view power play is really lucrative for bounty hunters at the present time.

Despite the complex mechanics that are behind the expansion of the power, is quite simple for someone that is combat oriented and used to hunting in res nav beacon, interdict etc...

I aligned with Hudson as his way of power is combat oriented, also i am raking in federation so it was natural.

I hit the rank 5 in the first week, just undermining near system ( usually those system that are near Nanoman ) as i think they could be conquered by Hudson.

Upkeeping the rank take me a couple of day of interdiction, i fly a a-rated combat python so usually put down a wing of 3 before the FSD cooldown. (most of them are trasport so its quite easy) its 90 point for a wing of 3.

I am surprised of how much cr one can earn in a couple of hours of hunting in high res.

If someone is interested we can have a wing I found a couple of res near a station in which spawn 2 or 3 medium ships at time ( 2 clipper, 2 python, 2 dropship ) all of theam are master to deadly.

system: PSPF-LF 2

Usually is a barrage of pirate ships, I started to play just before 1.2 and i ve never seen so many pirates in a single res, they just spawn as soon i destroy one.

So come to have fun togheter cmdr :)
Attachments
Capture5.jpg
Today hunt...
Capture5.jpg (56.17 KiB) Viewed 11801 times

Clex
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Clex

Re: Power play for hunters !!

Postby Clex » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:26 am

if I didn't start exploring right now I would have joined :C
I'm already around 300ly away

Digga
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Digga

Postby Digga » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:22 am

I'm aligned to the empire but targeting independents to undermine.

Will be out today.

Note to forum mods (should one happen to read this) a sub forum on undermine would be nice maybe?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Sendraks
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Sendraks

Postby Sendraks » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:47 am

As a Winters pilot I'm making next to no cash from undermining, only the cash you get for redeeming your merits. I'm still earning 5mill a week for three or so hours work, so its not a huge problem, but I'm honestly at a loss as to how others are making so much more from this.

How is it done? Where should I be looking for opposing power ships that give me 30merits a pop + a bounty reward?

Digga
Competent
Competent

Postby Digga » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:07 am

It is just 30merits a pop + combat rank gain.

I do it to maintain the powerplay level, last time out for me it was under 3 hours from logon to logoff.
I would really like to find 3 or 4 players interested in forming a wing on a weekly basis, to maintain 50 mil CR per week.

outcast-luc
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: outcast-luc

Postby outcast-luc » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:58 pm

I do agree with cmdr Digga, someone told me that when in a wing you can get all the 30 merits of a wingmen kill....

that mean that if I interdict a wing of 3 and my wingmen do the same, we double the merits 180 instead of 90.... I have to confirm this, as I never did it yet.

If it is the case, a wing of 4 or 5 cmdr can pretty much upkeep rank 5 in a couple of days for a couple of hours.

I am looking forward to fly with you cmdrs... Commencing Operation Wild Undermine !!! :twisted: :twisted:

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:23 pm

outcast-luc wrote:I do agree with cmdr Digga, someone told me that when in a wing you can get all the 30 merits of a wingmen kill....

that mean that if I interdict a wing of 3 and my wingmen do the same, we double the merits 180 instead of 90.... I have to confirm this, as I never did it yet.

If it is the case, a wing of 4 or 5 cmdr can pretty much upkeep rank 5 in a couple of days for a couple of hours.

I am looking forward to fly with you cmdrs... Commencing Operation Wild Undermine !!! :twisted: :twisted:

Any wingman that has gotten some hits in gets the 30 merits, it doesn't double but everyone gets the same as if they where solo, same in CZ based ones.

For simplicities sake, you and wingman interdicts a wing of two, you pick a target each and shoots them down to 90% hull then switch targets.
You will both get 60 merits for it. If you do lot switch targets with each other you will only get 30 for the single kill.

I have never seen a target for undermining that gives any bounty too speak off, but Hudson and lavigny duval gives you 100% bonus to bounty pay in their controlled area when you make rank 5.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:21 pm

From what I've seen, wingmen each get 30 merits for each kill that they attack. If there is a wing of 3 and you attack only 2 ships while your buddy attacks all 3, you get 60 merits and he gets 90.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:21 pm

From what I've seen, wingmen each get 30 merits for each kill that they attack. If there is a wing of 3 and you attack only 2 ships while your buddy attacks all 3, you get 60 merits and he gets 90.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Digga
Competent
Competent

Postby Digga » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:28 pm

Thanks for the info, the post I originally read didn't make it clear that this works in a similar way to cz zones

Important to know and restrictive but a wing working well will still benefit by taking out enemy wings faster.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Return to “Bounty Hunter Bunch”