Bounty Hunter Bunch
Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: ship choice

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:41 am

Well, after a couple days back in the Vulture, it is as impressive as I remember it. It seems to be able to handle just about anything in a PVE environment. But after watching a few videos about Pythons and Anacondas PVP in open, with loads and loads of shield cell banks, I don't think I'd want to take them on in a Vulture. ;)
It's time to give this another go.

Damaclese76
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Damaclese

Postby Damaclese76 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:05 pm

My turn, I have a cobra mk3 and I am hitting res sites and nav beacons for between 400cr and 10k cr a kill. I see its going to be along time before I got the cash to upgrade. what should I be focusing on for a ship goal, I am thinking vulture which, last time I saw one was 6mill. Is this the right way to go? I prefer to use beams that way I don't have to reload or run out of ammo. Is there also a way to store extra ammo in your cargo bay? Thanks - Dama

Wildcatmb
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Wildcatmb

Postby Wildcatmb » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:48 pm

Damaclese76 wrote:My turn, I have a cobra mk3 and I am hitting res sites and nav beacons for between 400cr and 10k cr a kill. I see its going to be along time before I got the cash to upgrade. what should I be focusing on for a ship goal, I am thinking vulture which, last time I saw one was 6mill. Is this the right way to go? I prefer to use beams that way I don't have to reload or run out of ammo. Is there also a way to store extra ammo in your cargo bay? Thanks - Dama

As for extra ammo - no there isn't :(

AS for outfitting a Vulture you will probably want between 15-20 million to get it A spec. It comes with Great shields but a weaker hull, and a smaller jump range.

So priority modules for combat build may include:
A spec power plant
A spec jump drive
A spec (or B) shields

Which adds up to lots of $ quickly.

just my 2 pounds.

Gorf
Master
Master
CMDR: Hardy

Postby Gorf » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:23 pm

Vultures are tough, manoeuvrable and have those two big hardpoints - a combination which makes a good big-ship killer. The balance is restored a little by having such a demanding power configuration.

Unfortunately, big ships are a rarity in the RESs these days so a lot of the vulture's appeal has gone.

Wildcatmb
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Wildcatmb

Postby Wildcatmb » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:54 pm

Gorf wrote:Vultures are tough, manoeuvrable and have those two big hardpoints - a combination which makes a good big-ship killer. The balance is restored a little by having such a demanding power configuration.

Unfortunately, big ships are a rarity in the RESs these days so a lot of the vulture's appeal has gone.

I disagree, I use a Vulture with two large gimballed beams aboard and wreck havoc with it. I have a voice attack script which quickly switches my kill warrant scanner off and shield banks on, and those beam incinerate anything small within seconds :)

Bomber
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Buzz Corry

Postby Bomber » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:08 pm

New Ships New Bounties

Hi Cmdrs,

Was wondering on what you make of the new ships coming and how good they will be regards bounty hunting. If your lucky enough to get a cobra Mk IV included like me, I cannot wait.
Has anyone got a link to all the new ships/specs etc?
I also hope the planned new missions include bounty hunting tracking down a gang of pirates etc. Not just one.
You can hand yourself over the easy way or the hard way...its all the same to me :D

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:03 pm

Bomber wrote:New Ships New Bounties

Hi Cmdrs,

Was wondering on what you make of the new ships coming and how good they will be regards bounty hunting. If your lucky enough to get a cobra Mk IV included like me, I cannot wait.
Has anyone got a link to all the new ships/specs etc?
I also hope the planned new missions include bounty hunting tracking down a gang of pirates etc. Not just one.
You can hand yourself over the easy way or the hard way...its all the same to me :D

Coriolis has the new ships listed, you can play around with the builds there.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

LionOfNarnia
Master
Master
CMDR: Lion Freeman

Postby LionOfNarnia » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:15 pm

Xebeth wrote:
Bomber wrote:New Ships New Bounties

cobra Mk IV

Coriolis has the new ships listed, you can play around with the builds there.

Cori has the others, but not the size 4 bra (Fnarr, fnarr)

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

Bomber
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Buzz Corry

Postby Bomber » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:48 am

Thanks cmdrs I'm not seeing the cobra Mk IV? Fed Drop looks tough enough for bounty.
All these new ships I'll have to go back to my Type 9...ah the grind :D

Roobarb
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Roobarb

Postby Roobarb » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:23 pm

The best hunter ship I've flown to date is the FAS. It's quicker than the Vulture and Python, turns almost as well as the Vulture, has better weapon placement than the Clipper, and can be made into a flying tank with over 2000 armour points. It has enough internals and hardpoints to be able to refit for a number of roles too, although I run mine without cargo slots in favour of hull reinforcement.

It's a formidable ship, a proper Conda-killer. I upgraded to mine from the Vulture and have never looked back.

... I just wish it wasn't so damn ugly...

Return to “Bounty Hunter Bunch”