Bounty Hunter Bunch
Wihglah
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Thomas Riker
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: ship choice

Postby Wihglah » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:07 pm

Roobarb wrote:The best hunter ship I've flown to date is the FAS. It's quicker than the Vulture and Python, turns almost as well as the Vulture, has better weapon placement than the Clipper, and can be made into a flying tank with over 2000 armour points. It has enough internals and hardpoints to be able to refit for a number of roles too, although I run mine without cargo slots in favour of hull reinforcement.

It's a formidable ship, a proper Conda-killer. I upgraded to mine from the Vulture and have never looked back.

... I just wish it wasn't so damn ugly...

I kind of like how it looks. But I am not keen on the weapon placements.

NivMizzet13
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Niv Mizzet

Postby NivMizzet13 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:21 pm

I'm betting with the new fighter bays, the bigger ships like corvette and conda will become more viable. I love my corvette, with it's modded power plant, distributers and weapons^^.

Kyron Ordo
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Kyron Ordo

Postby Kyron Ordo » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:20 pm

Hey guys, thought I'd dip in on this subject. I've been solely trying to make money with Bounty Hunting in Yakubugai and Kremainn. I upgraded to an Eagle and I've upgraded a good portion of the modules and it's been working fairly well. My current problem is first since I haven't been accepted to the Mobius PVE group, I play in solo mode and hunt alone, so I have to be very careful to pick on NPC ships that aren't in a Wing, and I usually will wait until the security forces in the area jump a ship and pull the agrro and kind of 'vulture' kills...but lately I've been having an issue with getting blown away by those same security forces when they cross in front of me while I'm in pursuit and shoot them on accident! Last night was the worst ever as I ended up getting killed three times for this! Up until then I'd managed to make over a million creds on bounties alone over the past week of casual play (2-3 hours an evening). Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Should I try to get to bigger ship as soon as possible? I really like the Eagles speed and agility, but it also is VERY fragile.

DuskCrane
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: DuskCrane431

Postby DuskCrane » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:43 pm

If you like, try the Cobra. Good agility but tougher than an Eagle. Still easy to rebuy if something happens. I actually enjoyed the IEagle for a period, but moved on to exploration for creds. I'm saving up for an A-rated Python, then I'll do bounty hunts for rank.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:49 am

DuskCrane wrote:If you like, try the Cobra. Good agility but tougher than an Eagle. Still easy to rebuy if something happens. I actually enjoyed the IEagle for a period, but moved on to exploration for creds. I'm saving up for an A-rated Python, then I'll do bounty hunts for rank.

I'd rather fly a viper mk3 than a cobra in a RES.
Less than half the cost too.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Return to “Bounty Hunter Bunch”