Bounty Hunter Bunch
Kiltrathi
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Kiltrathi
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Vulture - 20 million load out?

Postby Kiltrathi » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:50 am

You can turn your FSD off by allocating it to a high value priority. It'll switch off as soon as you deploy your hard points and back on when you put them away. Unless you're wanting to save credits, the drive can be A-grade without it affecting your power requirements.

Xariann
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Xariann

Re: RE: Re: Vulture - 20 million load out?

Postby Xariann » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:01 am

Flip wrote:
Xariann wrote:
Flip wrote:It's not only a matter of power. If you keep two shield cells enabled at the same time, when you trigger it, both will be used at the same time. So depending on their classes, you might waste one (probably not on the Vulture, though).

Really? That has not been the case for me from what I can tell. I get a count of 3 on my screen. When I activate one, the counter only goes down by 1 and I can hear the noise it makes while recharging my shield.

I can do it 3 times, then it won't let me *scratches head*

What I'm saying is that if you have 2 shield cells with 3 charges each and keep them both enabled at the same time, when you press your shield cell trigger, one charge will be used from each cell. So if your shield cells have the same classes as your shield generator (that is one charge recharges your shields entirely), one of those charges would be wasted.

That is unless they changed relatively recently the way it works.

Okay so the number 3 is the charges PER cell. Not the amount of cells. Since I was using 3, that number on my HUD threw me off.

Thanks for the tip, much appreciated!
Mobius PVE Group Facebook Admin

Xariann
Novice
Novice

Postby Xariann » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:02 am

Kiltrathi wrote:You can turn your FSD off by allocating it to a high value priority. It'll switch off as soon as you deploy your hard points and back on when you put them away. Unless you're wanting to save credits, the drive can be A-grade without it affecting your power requirements.

Yes, I was switching it off :) The power drain came from having 3 shield cells on at once. Thanks anyway!

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:15 am

Xariann wrote:Thanks for the tip, much appreciated!

You're most welcome!
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Xariann
Novice
Novice

Postby Xariann » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:22 am

Actually it turns out I only am using one cell bank now that I had time to look at the load out. Here it is, 16 millionish right now: http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=70N,5TP5T ... 203w4wE7cQ

Reason for the 20 cargo is that every so often I grab my 20 merit bits in between shootings.

Things I set to switch off are as follows: Cargo hatch and Fuel Scoop set as 4. FSD set as 3. Will set FSD as 4 and see if it makes a difference.

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus

Postby clivewil » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:49 am

a further fly in the ointment is that pricing is dependent on where you buy it - my latest build was built in wotsisface's territory where there's a discount, and only became aware of this when i went to upgrade to the beam outside of his territory, and noticed the return to normal prices - up til then i'd assumed it was a v1.3 thing and the lower prices were global (galaxial?)

Xariann wrote:Will set FSD as 4 and see if it makes a difference.

i'd leave it as 3. in some cases, depending on how overloaded you are, it can mean you don't get the 5 second delay while your FSD starts up after you retract your hardpoints (because only the fuel scoop is shut down) - whereas on 4, you would get it every time. i should update that info in the other Vulture thread
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

Xariann
Novice
Novice

Postby Xariann » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:58 am

I'll go find your thread. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Return to “Bounty Hunter Bunch”