Bounty Hunter Bunch
HAMM3R
Expert
Expert
CMDR: HAMM3R
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Target is green but 'wanted'

Postby HAMM3R » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:41 pm

Like the title suggests, I'm seeing lots of targets that are green but have Wanted status. I'm allied with the locals so System Sec is obviously green but there's lots of green pirates as well.

Are they open game despite being on the same side? Or will every green contact turn against me if I let off on a green/wanted target?
Scooping fuel is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. First check the target is hot enough,
then approach slowly. Once close enough, pull out your scoop and fill her up. After you're done just
gently pull away, turn around and leave.

Colin The Grey
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Colin The Grey

Re: Target is green but 'wanted'

Postby Colin The Grey » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:01 pm

I always KWS green wanted's, just the wing they are in turns hostile. You will take a hit to that local factions rep by killing them - but usually any bounties turned in offset that anyway :)

Malphator
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Malphator

Postby Malphator » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:43 pm

They're basically 'system citizens' that have been up to no good. The Feds, or whomever, put up a bounty on them, yeah. But their own faction, whatever it might be, doesn't care about their crimes. They will, however, care about yours. Even though popping them isn't a crime, per se, they still won't exactly smile at you about it. You just killed one of their people!

That's sorta how I think of it, anyway. But most times the bounty can be worth making a small influence Fed faction dislike you a a little.

Malphator
Competent
Competent

Postby Malphator » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:51 pm

A secondary thought.

When I was grinding Alliance rep, I based out of Tellus. The station is owned by the Tellus Group, who are Alliance allied. I, in turn, am Allied with them, too, after running missions for them and trading out of their station. When I am at the nav beacon doing some 'killing time' bounty hunting, I sometimes see wanted NPCs that are a part of the Tellus Group. Those are my buddies. So, in turn, that wanted guy is my buddy, too. Maybe he got sent out on a hunting mission that put a general Alliance bounty on his head. That's no different than YOU (or us, as the case may be) taking a 'Go kill traders!" mission, and becoming wanted as a result.

Whether you ice them or not is largely up to you. Is their bounty high enough to make the hit to your local rep worth it?

HAMM3R
Expert
Expert
CMDR: HAMM3R

Postby HAMM3R » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:20 pm

Malphator wrote:They're basically 'system citizens' that have been up to no good. The Feds, or whomever, put up a bounty on them, yeah. But their own faction, whatever it might be, doesn't care about their crimes. They will, however, care about yours. Even though popping them isn't a crime, per se, they still won't exactly smile at you about it. You just killed one of their people!

So I noticed.. Took a shot at one guy, apparently of the same faction although showing up orange and next thing I know the whole place lits up in red :P

Followed this wing as well, all part of the same faction as I'm allied with and all wanted, but two of them were green while one was orange. Shouldn't they have all come up as green?

Also, I don't have KWS. I only see the local wanted status or whatever it is.
Scooping fuel is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. First check the target is hot enough,
then approach slowly. Once close enough, pull out your scoop and fill her up. After you're done just
gently pull away, turn around and leave.

Malphator
Competent
Competent

Postby Malphator » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:27 pm

HAMM3R wrote:So I noticed.. Took a shot at one guy, apparently of the same faction although showing up orange and next thing I know the whole place lits up in red :P

Followed this wing as well, all part of the same faction as I'm allied with and all wanted, but two of them were green while one was orange. Shouldn't they have all come up as green?

Also, I don't have KWS. I only see the local wanted status or whatever it is.

Yeeeeeah. The introduction of NPC wings with 1.2 sure made things a little more interesting. lol.

Malphator
Competent
Competent

Postby Malphator » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:29 pm

I've seen wings like that as well, and still have no idea. My best guess/assumption is that the greens are faction allied, but the orange guy isn't yet? He's still supposedly rep grinding? I have no idea. haha.

Nanosmo
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Nanosmo

Postby Nanosmo » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:37 pm

When your seeing 'green' those people are aligned with you(positively) depending on your rep. Still can be wanted, so don't be afraid to kill them.

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus

Postby clivewil » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:17 am

i never shoot friendly Wanteds. but if they are part of a wing with a large neutral Wanted like a Python, sometimes they will turn hostile when i attack the Python. obviously at that point i smash their stupid little faces in to teach them some manners
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:10 am

I have an issue with aggressive drivers in Super Cruise.

If they are green, wanted, and dumb enough to pass me in my Vulture on the way to same station, I preform a Citizens arrest. I pull them over, check their papers, then, as they are so fond of saying to me when they interdict me, "Punch Their Ticket" :mrgreen:

I don't even mind if they bring their buddies. But I am not stupid. 3 Ana's and just like when I pass the group with a Lot of Big Guys in Real Life. I keep my eyes on my feet, shuffling to the other side of the street. :ugeek:
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Return to “Bounty Hunter Bunch”