Banjax
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Banjax
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

ello all

Postby Banjax » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:43 pm

I'm Banjax,

I've been in ED since the early days of premium beta. I tried trading and mining, but when the game went live....i became a full time bounty hunter. I fly a python and my creed is simple, if you're wanted (obvs here npc only) i'll try and claim the bounty and i'll also do my best to protect the innocent (sorry just watched Captain America again lol.)

I fly out of federal space and alliance, I don't have a beef with the empire, but i won't do missions for them :)

Point is, if your starting out and you'd like some help just give me an ingame message and we'll wing up and earn you some money :D

Draxxen
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Draxxen

Re: ello all

Postby Draxxen » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:23 am

Cheers!

Maybe you can enlighten me about bounties: if a player bountyhunter hunts down a player with wanted status, will the player with wanted status then have his bounty wiped, or does it go dormant as when he gets shot down by npc's?
I am wondering because I currently have a dormant bounty on my head in federation (unrightfully so, I might add: all I did was transport some Imperial Slaves, and as I am sure you know they practically went into the profession on their own accord).
"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness"
Sir Terry Pratchett

Flip
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Flip Martin

Postby Flip » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:35 am

Welcome to the group and the forum, Commander. Happy hunting, and fly safe!
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ―Douglas Adams

Banjax
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Banjax

Postby Banjax » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:13 pm

Hi Draxxen.

Sorry to say I have no idea as I'm always the hunter not the huntee. for those times i have managed to get a wanted status (the odd 200/600 for opening up on a not fully scanned waned baddie) I've always broken contact and paid off my bounty at an outpost.

But to answer your question a quick google search will probably give you a solution, or even the main ED forums....as I'm pretty sure it's been discussed on there quite a bit.

Heya flip :D

Draxxen
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Draxxen

Postby Draxxen » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:04 pm

Yes, I figured it out.
Seems the dormant bounty stays with me until I either pay it off, or reactivate it and have another cmdr kill me. If I read the text in the handbook right.

I wrote another post about this, but I will mention it here as well: if anybody want to play cat-and-mouse with me in open play in a predefined system, I am all for it.
"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness"
Sir Terry Pratchett

Return to “Bounty Hunter Bunch”