Miner's Club
JamdJedi
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: JamdJedi
CMDR_Platform: PlayStation

Re: FROM A NOOB MINER TO OTHER NOOB MINERS

Postby JamdJedi » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:40 pm

hello! whats a good ship to mine on? Do I just make a hauler into a miner or perhaps a Cobra so I can have some offensive capabilities in case I get jumped?

yah-ta-hey
Novice
Novice
CMDR: yah-ta-hey
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby yah-ta-hey » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:44 am

Cmdr JamdJedi:
I have tried several ships for mining:
Cobra: good ship... god offense if jumped, speed to escape but not much in the way of Big Mining capability but for starters it is really good.
I used a T6 with some good results... but stay away from areas close to the bubble... you may get visitors. unwelcome visitors especially if you already have something in your cargo hold....
I tired a T7 and gave that up after being interdicted and blown out of space( others do have t7 miners and love them).
Pythons and Anacondas are high on my list as desirables.... they have offensive capabilities, large slots for large mining equipment and enough holds to make you mining very profitable.
But you are the one who knows what he wants and what you can afford out there in the black.
Choose well and prosper.... cheers.
"I WISH I WAS A SPACEMAN, THE FASTEST GUY ALIVE" BUT I AINT .
with apology to fireball XL-5. :)

Alecz
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Alecz
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Alecz » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:05 pm

Not sure if you can afford it, but I mine in Type-10 with 4 larger laser turrets and an SLF for protection. (slightly engineered)
I can mine uninterrupted in HIGH Res while the turrets, security ships and SLF take care of pirates. This way I get extra credits from bounties and I level up my NPC.

The only gripe I have is with the limpets, it seems even if 80% of cargo is limpets is still not enough to fill it with refined goods.

Return to “Miner's Club”