Miner's Club
uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Need help with mining, offer guns [solved]

Postby uvelius » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:43 pm

I would like to unlock Bill Turner (lightweight life support=happy Fuel Rat), who only unlocks through I think Tiana. Anyway the engineer who requires to have mined 500 T of ore.

Now, I am absolutely crap at mining and I find it incredibly boring. I made something like 20 tons in an hour, with prospectors and collectors (don't ask me how). As far as I know, mined ore counts for all wing members, is that correct?
If so, I would love to wing up with some miners to get to that quota, and offer protection in return (or a nice come-together mining event).
Anyone having mercy?

Oh, and some evening ECT. EDIT: PC here.
Last edited by uvelius on Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lanceor
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Lanceor
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Need help with mining, offer guns

Postby Lanceor » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:40 am

I think it's Selene Jean that you're referring to. She requires you to have mined 500 units of ore just for the invite. After that, you're going to have to supply her with 10 units of super-rare Painite which can only be obtained by - you guessed it - mining. Winging up might help with the first part, but not the second.

If mining is taking too long, maybe your mining ship could be optimised. What ship build are you using?
Very little game time, but often chatting at work.

uvelius
Master
Master

Postby uvelius » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:52 am

Well I re-equipped my Rattaconda temporarily. A prospector LC and as many Collectors as I could fit in it. And two class 2 mining beams. Minung is just not my turf I guess ...

sean_crow
Competent
Competent
CMDR: sean_crow

Postby sean_crow » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:42 pm

Lanceor wrote:After that, you're going to have to supply her with 10 units of super-rare Painite which can only be obtained by - you guessed it - mining. Winging up might help with the first part, but not the second.

Selene doesn't mind if the Painite is stolen. Pirate your Painite! :)
Or ask a friendly CMDR to drop it. I even saw two different ways of jettison cargo.
When you pick the second, the cargo is not marked as stolen.

uvelius
Master
Master

Re: Need help with mining, offer guns [solved]

Postby uvelius » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:21 pm

Turns out winging up doesn't help with the "mined tons" statistics.
So i went out to Botho or whatsitsname, equipped a miner Python with all Collectors, a Prospector and a nice Refinery, and started melting rocks. Three sessions took me to 500 tons, including 10 tons of Painite (inner Metal ring in AB3) and 42 tons of Brommelite (outer ice ring, same body). A pirate faithfully turned up at the beginning of every mining session, but went his way after giving him some tons of worthless stones that I would have dumped anyway.
So now to Selene!

Bottom line: The Minerpython was the key to make it endurable. Wasn't that bad actually.

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Re: Need help with mining, offer guns [solved]

Postby Cometborne » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:49 pm

If you need Bromelite to unlock Bill Turner after you have the Alioth permit, you can fly down to the Pleiades and rescue passengers off the attacked star ports, or do the "collect X out of the burning startport" missions. Quite a few of the missions have Bromelite as a reward.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Return to “Miner's Club”