Orkekum
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orkekum
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

interesting idea i read: Wing of bounty hunters protect a single miner in RES

Postby Orkekum » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:07 pm

So somewhere i read this neat idea.
One miner goes about doing their normal duty, mining stuff.
But doing it in a RES for extra profit, but not alone ofcourse, either three bounty hunters with him(or her) or bounty hunters in a separate wing.
The hunters would be paid via bounties they grab and trade dividend.

I would love seeing this kind of cooperation! :D

Nethaufer
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Nethaufer

Re: interesting idea i read: Wing of bounty hunters protect a single miner in RES

Postby Nethaufer » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:22 pm

Would be pretty interesting, but things could quickly go wrong if the AI decides to focus down the miner. They seem to sometimes not want to change targets.

Orkekum
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orkekum

Re: interesting idea i read: Wing of bounty hunters protect a single miner in RES

Postby Orkekum » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:26 pm

that is a minor issue, they need to be fast, and never mine without decent shields

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:20 pm

Why only one miner?
I don't see how this wouldn't work for more than one miner.

But then again as with all wing activities I consider credits or merits secondaryl. Shooting the breeze and having some fun while flying a
Is priority 1 :);)

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Kallegan
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Kallegan

Postby Kallegan » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:54 pm

I would seriously be up for this. As protection for a miner :)

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:11 pm

Heh, I could go eitherway.
Just need to make some money and refit the clipper (or my conda) into a miner.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Fwuzzy
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: LaserLotus

Postby Fwuzzy » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:14 pm

I regularly do security for a mineaconda in a hazres. I normally attack the NPC while its incoming or before it completes the scan on the miner - takes the heat off the miner. The miner should be able to defend itself for a bit as there may be multiple NPC wings and the bounty hunter may be occupied for a tad.

I once took on a wing of three NPC gunships in my clipper. As soon as I attacked, the NPC wing grew to five. My mining buddy stopped mining to help but I had subsequently crashed to desktop. By the time I got back in, there were three gunships remaining. As they were focussed on the mineaconda, they were quick and easy power plant kills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NivMizzet13
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Niv Mizzet

Postby NivMizzet13 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:38 pm

I regularly hunt res sites in a corvette, would be happy to be the protection for a mining cmdr:). In exchange...someone tell me where to get arsenic!

AndyB
Master
Master
CMDR: Andy Bulman

Postby AndyB » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:21 am

I'm trying to get a group of miners together for some coop mining as i've discovered a couple of things about it that make it worthwhile:

1: you can mine from each others prospector limpets so if one person finds a good roid the rest can take it in turns to mine it when they are finished without even using a drone up

2: each person who mines an asteroid gets 100% of the yeild. regardless of the amount showing to other people

3: a ship doesn't need a refinery to help out, just having a prospector is enough to be of use as while others are mining you can be off hunting the next high value roid

4: you can collect chunks that other people have mined, you find a good rock, 55% Platinum and mine it out. your prospector buddy come over while you still have collectors out and fires his laser at it to mine another 100%, but you collect it for double the yield.

Provided everyone has collector drones it makes resupply a lot easier as well, if one of the large mining ship is running out of drones but still has plenty of cargo space, one of the smaller ships can go back to the station and get some! as long as the ship needing limpets has one collector either active or ready to be activated when the supply ship returns transferring them over is just a matter of dropping them a few at a time and waiting until they are collected.
Combat: Elite Trade: Elite Exploration: Elite

Mobius PvE Group Facebook Admin,
Mobius PvE Group Forum Moderator,
Mobius PvE Lead Admin,
Mobius PvE America Lead Admin,
Mobius Factions Assistant Admin,
Mobius PvE Eurasia Assistant Admin,

NivMizzet13
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Niv Mizzet

Postby NivMizzet13 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:07 pm

That sounds epically awesome if you can mine for double!

Return to “Miner's Club”