Miner's Club
RIGAMORTIS
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: RIGAMORTIS
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

If you like mining out in the deep dark of space

Postby RIGAMORTIS » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:53 am

Away from pirates and such; let me suggest FEHU system. 3 systems 1 jump away from FEHU offer pristine reserves of Metallic metals in rings around planets.

HIP 9442 - 2nd planet, a gas giant.
HIP 8852 - First star, 3rd planet A3.
SYNUEFE ZM-I D10-11, 7th planet.

Of the two stations in FEHU system, Thomson Keen Asylum offers the better prices. Make sure to bring the ship you want and mining equipment you need, because FEHU can only provide replacement limpets.

o7

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: If you like mining out in the deep dark of space

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:09 am

Good info, commander! When I'm in the mood for mining I usually blow up rocks closer to home, but I'll keep the area in mind.

Also, Fehu is a great system to make some very good coin by fulfilling long range BB trade missions. I made a run myself just yesterday. ;)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

RIGAMORTIS
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby RIGAMORTIS » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:55 am

Absolutely right Sir, it is a great system with lots of good potential for Mobius members. first and foremost, it's a safe place to sell you exploration data. Secondly, the mining opportunities are fantastic (I've made 50 million credits here now in a very short time). And lastly, as Johnluke said, the long range missions pay big bucks.

dont' forget my other favorite stations in ADITI. <---- Never heard of Aditi? All that crap about "lets build a station out in the dark, Pleiades nebula, farthest from the bubble"! FEHU is farther. Come out to the deep and enjoy the peace of FEHU.
Last edited by RIGAMORTIS on Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIGAMORTIS
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby RIGAMORTIS » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:29 am

If you want pristine resource metallics closer to that abhorrent PP bubble, I know a couple. But you will be dealing with the npc pirates.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:16 pm

Could someone check if you can outfit a sidey\hauler down there with about 20ly jump range and a scoop of course?

Thinking of taking my mining clipper down, but would want to leave it there for a while at least and use the asp for getting to and fro.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:19 pm

RIGAMORTIS wrote:Absolutely right Sir, it is a great system with lots of good potential for Mobius members. first and foremost, it's a safe place to sell you exploration data. Secondly, the mining opportunities are fantastic (I've made 50 million credits here now in a very short time). And lastly, as Johnluke said, the long range missions pay big bucks.

dont' forget my other favorite stations in ADITI. <---- Never heard of Aditi? All that crap about "lets build a station out in the dark, Pleiades nebula, farthest from the bubble" bunch of crap! FEHU is farther. Come out to the deep and enjoy the peace of FEHU.

Great information, many thanks. However, in my role as an Administrator for the Order of Mobius I must kindly request Commanders to sell their exploration data at Rafferty's Mobius in Azrael (it helps build our influence) ;)

I think the station building thingy was specifically to have one in a nebula, rather than one just far from the bubble.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

RIGAMORTIS
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby RIGAMORTIS » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:37 am

TorTorden wrote:Could someone check if you can outfit a sidey\hauler down there with about 20ly jump range and a scoop of course?

Thinking of taking my mining clipper down, but would want to leave it there for a while at least and use the asp for getting to and fro.

Last time I checked, there were no scoops for sale. Thus I had to take my ASP explorer up to the bubble and leave it there when I bought and outfitted the T-7 for mining.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly

Postby TorTorden » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:49 am

RIGAMORTIS wrote:
TorTorden wrote:Could someone check if you can outfit a sidey\hauler down there with about 20ly jump range and a scoop of course?

Last time I checked, there were no scoops for sale. Thus I had to take my ASP explorer up to the bubble and leave it there when I bought and outfitted the T-7 for mining.

I was able to build a hauler with b3 scoop and b2 FSD 24ly range.
So not so bad :)

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly

Postby TorTorden » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:32 am

Can also mention you might want to visit these systems with a scanner setup first.

Bought the cartographics for SYNUEFE ZM-I D10-11 and it only show sun, and two planets (brown dwarf, being the only ringed one)
Quite different after I went back to azrael and picked up my asp (and stuffed a surface scanner on it)

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

RIGAMORTIS
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby RIGAMORTIS » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:59 pm

TorTorden wrote:Can also mention you might want to visit these systems with a scanner setup first.

Bought the cartographics for SYNUEFE ZM-I D10-11 and it only show sun, and two planets (brown dwarf, being the only ringed one)
Quite different after I went back to azrael and picked up my asp (and stuffed a surface scanner on it)

Really, I'd scanned them all prior to mining, but saw the cartographic purchase icon was on and made a bad assumption. Sorry about that. Glad you were able to find a scoop, I still have not found one and will have to search again. Then I can move my ASP down here. I wish you all the best with the mining here CMDR o7.

Return to “Miner's Club”