Miner's Club
Etherin Nor
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Etherin Nor
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Any miners? Or future miners?

Postby Etherin Nor » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:44 pm

Hi, I'm new to Mobius. I've been mining with drones since 1.3. Have a type 7 kitted specifically for it and recently got a clipper for other activities. Hitting the pristine metallic reserves is the key. I have about 130t of cargo space left after installing the refinery, prospector and collector modules and i take about 115 limpets out. Then prospect and make sure I hit the most valuable stuff. In addition once you've decided on a pristine site you want to frequent, you wanna get in with a Hi-Tech economy station not too far away and use it as your hub. Build rep and get the best mining missions there. with missions included i probably make about a million an hour, but its far more engaging than trading... theres a bit of a knack to it, and optimising your loadout takes a bit of tweaking, but its not a bad way to make money.

Does anyone else mine the rings of Jura 7? Im Empire with Lavigny-Duval so thats my stomping ground.

Fluentur
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Fluentur

Postby Fluentur » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:03 am

Hi, I haven't tried mining yet but will give it a go soon. I'm just out exploring at the moment and have a question regarding both.
Can you mine (or how to I find res) in an unexploded syatem?
I like the idea of that as there'd be no pirates to contend with.

Zebarmy
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Zebarmy

Postby Zebarmy » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:53 pm

Unexplored/Unpopulated (I assume you meant that?! :D) Systems do not have RES. You can drop into any ring system or asteroid belt and mine there. To be honest, the pirate population with random drop-in ring mining is very very small, you sometimes see the odd one or two pirates, but the worst I ever faced was an Anaconda that wouldn't leave me alone (NPC), but I mine a lot and this has only happened once.

CMDR Ingulf
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Ingulf

Postby CMDR Ingulf » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:48 pm

Ok, I got flu...and that's why I'm planning a relaxing mining session for the next few days. :D

But...I cannot a find a pristine metallic ring (or at least major reserves) close to Apurui. I parked my conda there and I'm going to outfit a mining Asp in Eravapa.

And I'm too lazy and sick to jump all the way back to my usual mining fields...does anyone have a tip? :) Company would be appreciated, too...I will not infect you guys, I promise!

Scanning the galaxy map with fever is a lysergic experience.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for my Python is with me. (Psalm 23:4)

OrionSnake
Novice
Novice
CMDR: OrionSnake

Postby OrionSnake » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:13 am

New to mining...are metal rich rings worth mining?

CMDR Ingulf
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby CMDR Ingulf » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:36 pm

OrionSnake wrote:New to mining...are metal rich rings worth mining?

They are not, IMHO. Look for pristine metallic rings (around planets) and avoid asteroid belts.

Avoid RES sites on the rings, too...just drop out in the middle of the ring and start mining. :D

Just tried the new mining features of the new patch...1 hour of minimal effort granted me 12 tons of painite, 32 tons of platinum and 20 tons of palladium. And I ignored gold, osmium, silver and alike.

Me a very happy capybara, right now. :P
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for my Python is with me. (Psalm 23:4)

OrionSnake
Novice
Novice
CMDR: OrionSnake

Postby OrionSnake » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:41 am

CMDR Ingulf wrote:
OrionSnake wrote:New to mining...are metal rich rings worth mining?

They are not, IMHO. Look for pristine metallic rings (around planets) and avoid asteroid belts.

Avoid RES sites on the rings, too...just drop out in the middle of the ring and start mining. :D

Just tried the new mining features of the new patch...1 hour of minimal effort granted me 12 tons of painite, 32 tons of platinum and 20 tons of palladium. And I ignored gold, osmium, silver and alike.

Me a very happy capybara, right now. :P

Thank you for the info :)

Andrew Gaspurr
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Andrew Gaspurr

Postby Andrew Gaspurr » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:19 pm

CMDR Ingulf wrote:Just tried the new mining features of the new patch...

Still getting into this. What exactly are the 'new features'?
In this universe there are only three conditions for you:
You are either part of the solution, part of the problem or part of the landscape.
This system is accompanied by only two choices:
You accept it or you change it.

CMDR Ingulf
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby CMDR Ingulf » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:18 am

Andrew Gaspurr wrote:
CMDR Ingulf wrote:Just tried the new mining features of the new patch...

Still getting into this. What exactly are the 'new features'?

See my other answer to you. :)

I might add that now if you shoot a prospector drone in a 'roid it will generate FAR more chunks.

So the process is (at least for me):

1: flip around firing mining laser at various 'roids until you find a rich one

2: stop lazering and shoot in the roid a prospector drone, once is active & fixed unleash your collector drones

3: squeeze that roid! every drop of it! (beware: use at least 3 collector drones, 5 is better)

4: watch the drones collect the chunks and the refinery automatically converts them into cargo

5: choose your next roid until they have done their job and have a slice of pizza (I'm italian of course, the food is of your choice)

6: profit

CMDR Ingulf
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby CMDR Ingulf » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:17 pm

A little update: the matchmaking disconnect bug is making mining very frustrating again right now.

I'll park my Python waiting for a fix, back to tradeconding.

Return to “Miner's Club”