Huma42
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Huma42
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Any miners? Or future miners?

Postby Huma42 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:25 pm

JohnLuke wrote:
Huma42 wrote:Anyone still mining away out there? Haven't been able to play since before Horizons. Just starting to get some time to play recently and wouldn't mind some advice on good ships for mining. Currently I'm in an asp explorer doing some mining. What should I be saving for next? I normally play solo but if you'd like to say hi whilest mining add me as a friend. :-)

It's been a while since I mined, but the relaxation sounds pretty good right now. I may have to refit a ship and blow up some rocks soon. :)

This is my mining Python loadout. Many ships can make good miners. I like the Python because it has a good number of internal bays, good cargo space, enough hardpoints to be efficient at mining and still be able to defend itself against small pirates, it can land on outposts, and well..... IT'S A PYTHON!! :D (One of my favorite ships in the game)

I never did play enough before I stopped playing to get enough for one of those. Looks like that's on my personal goals list now. hehe

I used to play Eve about 8 years ago and I was quite a Carebear as they called us then. I would always do mining during the week after work. Very relaxing. It was always a good de-stresser after a stressful day at work. :-)

Emericanized
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Emericanized

Postby Emericanized » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:45 am

JohnLuke wrote:
Huma42 wrote:Anyone still mining away out there? Haven't been able to play since before Horizons. Just starting to get some time to play recently and wouldn't mind some advice on good ships for mining. Currently I'm in an asp explorer doing some mining. What should I be saving for next? I normally play solo but if you'd like to say hi whilest mining add me as a friend. :-)

It's been a while since I mined, but the relaxation sounds pretty good right now. I may have to refit a ship and blow up some rocks soon. :)

This is my mining Python loadout. Many ships can make good miners. I like the Python because it has a good number of internal bays, good cargo space, enough hardpoints to be efficient at mining and still be able to defend itself against small pirates, it can land on outposts, and well..... IT'S A PYTHON!! :D (One of my favorite ships in the game)

Wow... So much cargo...so many limpets... My ASP suddenly seems inadequate! 50+ mil credits (plus modules) is a long way off, but maybe Ill save for a mining python, then convert my ASP to a deep space explorer!
"Collector Limpet Expired" :(

smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby smartroad » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:51 am

Personally I will only be interested in mining once if it like mining in Frontier. I want to have a mining machine that I can pop onto a planet and mine away. I would also like that the ship could scan the surface for ore deposits and mark on the planet, then you have to get into the SRV to use ground penetrating radar to fine tune the location and get an idea of the materials that could be extracted, then deploy the mining machine.

The current mining feels to gamey with shooting lasers and pick up the rocks. With the ability to use mining machines you could have a network that needs managing and is at risk of being stolen. You could have to provide the machines with empty containers to put its refined ore in.

It would open up mining for those who like spreadsheets but also allow those who just need something for an engineer upgrade to almost fire and forget a machine, and while doing other activities, the machine is busy mining away.
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:29 am

I never tried mining in Frontier, but something like the MB4 could be fun, especially if it could mine micro-materials as well as commodities. Pick out some of those nice Polonium+5/Yttrium+5 planets, deploy the machines in some non-obvious spots, and let them mine away.

But it looks as if I need to do some mining at some point as one of the RNGineers has a "800 tons mined" contact requirement, and requires 10 tons of Painite to unlock. Time to bookmark Luke's mining Python load-out and ...

Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Gothyl
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Gothyl

Postby Gothyl » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:27 pm

I want to start mining at some point to see what it all about
CMDR GOTHYL
Twitch | http://Twitch.tv/dmportella
Schedule: Tue to Sat from GMT 8 PM to 12 PM and Sun from 10 AM to 10 PM
Twitter | http://twitter.com/dmportella

Sunrider
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Amonoa Sunrider

Postby Sunrider » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:29 am

Well, one of my favorite pastimes in the game is mining,
I like to go way out from the res site with 400-500 limpets, wait out the eventual pie-rat, and then spend hours looking for stuff I want to mine. Relaxing, like fishing. When you go back to base, you have some dodging and fast flying to do, but generally, my ship's more than enough to evade the usual crap that chases me. https://eddp.co/u/HU42rM2a
I like HIP 93377 for the pristine metallic and Ice rings, but am not opposed to other descent systems, and wouldn't mind some company if there are other such minded individuals out there. Come to think of it, I can go to high res site and mine playing bait for you BH's out there too. :)
I'm on PST and work graveyard, so I'm usually on late at night, feel free to add me.

Amonoa Sunrider

https://inara.cz/cmdr/20898/
"See you, ... out there."
Cmdr Amonoa Sunrider

DuskCrane
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: DuskCrane431

Postby DuskCrane » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:41 am

Yeah, I know what you mean. Just find a good spot, have some food and music, then go to town. Limpets make it so easy. I just wander Dvorsi ice rings in my T6. No one bothers me, I don't bother them.

LeDoyen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Le Doyen

Postby LeDoyen » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:26 pm

I'm pretty impatient to see the mining revamp that is coming :)
As it is i still like it and can be found sending limpets to work while watching silly videos on Galtube.
Actually, i have an engineer to unlock, so i'll be back at it tonight :p

Tom Derrick
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Tom Derrick

Postby Tom Derrick » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:12 am

I started my mining career yesterday to unlock Lei and Selene, and also just to try out something new.

Bought a Type-6, outfitted it and flew to the nearest planet with metallic rings.
And, apart from some miscalculation on the power plant of my new Type-6 it was actually quite fun and relaxing.
I don´t expect to make a load of money out of it, but it´s a nice retreat from all the fighting (though I was interdicted 2-3 times on my way back, luckily managed to avoid it).

Return to “Miner's Club”