Miner's Club
Drkl0rd1
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Drkl0rd
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Any miners? Or future miners?

Postby Drkl0rd1 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:01 pm

I have yet to try mining, but I was considering trying it after the update. Its easy enough to get away from pirates and hunters by just dropping out of supercruise in a different area in the rings....the entire ring is mineable not just the sites themselves, so i might give it a go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Do or Do Not, There is No Try
- Yoda

savinup4adeathstar
Novice
Novice
CMDR: SAVINUP4ADEATHSTAR

Re: RE: Re: Any miners? Or future miners?

Postby savinup4adeathstar » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:10 pm

MrSandman wrote:I did have a bit of a go at it but found it a bit tedious with the constant scooping stuff up. If they make it a bit more user friendly will certainly have another go

My thoughts exactly

Boozeman
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Boozeman

Postby Boozeman » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:23 am

Hi there,

I'll give a try again for mining with those drones and with my Asp. Do it with Adder in the beginning my Elite career. Learn my lesson, how not to hit booster when you're facing big bad metallic rock about 50 meters away :)

I think it is time to try wings too. I can be a "sheep dog" for some Fellow Mobius miners in High Intensity RES with my Vulture a.k.a Shredder II There will be then "a bad hair day" for the NPC pirates for good... :)

Emanon
Master
Master
CMDR: Emanon

Postby Emanon » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:45 am

I too have not mined the old way but when Powerplay comes out with drones, scanners, new minerals, and increased sales, I will definitely give it a go!
CMDR Emanon

Xerxryn
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Xerxryn

Postby Xerxryn » Wed May 27, 2015 6:38 pm

I tried mining in an adder a while ago it was a pain the nose just got in the way for scooping. I fancied going back to it since I have made money trading. So I outfitted a Type 6 for prospecting(exploring)/ mining. When i have found enough pristine sites I can dump the sensors and maximise the cargo loadout. Might think about a type 7 since it's not a bad jump range with a 5A FSD and cargo capacity. Saw an npc with two eagles as guards (funny enough the first npc that weren't allied to any group) And thought maybe. What ships are you mining in or thinking about mining in?

Might not be a bad load out for a type 7 miner http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=60X,H7yH7ympU0Wg01Q,2-6u8S7_6u5K5K8I,08c08c08c08c0bg7Re03w03w

Ghaleon
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Ghaleon

Postby Ghaleon » Sat May 30, 2015 3:51 am

I plan on trying it again after the update, too. I've got some close friends that play this game, and they like Bounty Hunting, so it'll give me (normally a trader) a chance to spend time in the same area as them. I hope the Drones make it worth it, but I'm skeptical. With enough Internal Compartments, though, you could probably just outfit a Type 7 with 3 or 4 of them, combined with a Refinery and couple big Cargo Racks. I'll need to refit, of course, since I normally trade without a shield... Not a good idea in RESs :cry:

Pembroke
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Pembroke

Postby Pembroke » Sat May 30, 2015 4:23 am

with the addition of drones, Ive really considered converting my dropship to a miner. It seems like a really sweet way to make coin
Looks like this dog does its own stunts.

Xerxryn
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Xerxryn

Postby Xerxryn » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:00 pm

Been thinking of using my Python for mining, should be good in high intensity areas. :) Currently it's just for trading. Done a bit of Bounty hunting in it with level 3 burst lasers it's good.

Grifs
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Grifs Astoni

Postby Grifs » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:18 pm

Yes. I might even consider it for a long time if I can hunt bounties while mining as well.

Emanon
Master
Master
CMDR: Emanon

Postby Emanon » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:13 pm

When Powerplay comes out I'm going to respec my Cobra to see if it can be a decent miner or not. We shall see, but I haven't messed with mining at all knowing how low its profit per hour has been.
CMDR Emanon

Return to “Miner's Club”