Miner's Club
Kobaal
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Kobaal
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Just started mining

Postby Kobaal » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:04 am

Just started mining today in my python and really loving it. I've been hanging out in Col 285 Sector CC-K a38-2. Where do I guys usually hang out?

pargyrak
Master
Master
CMDR: pargyrak

Re: Just started mining

Postby pargyrak » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:08 pm

FLEET CARRIER: Oms Mount Olympus (QNN-68Z)

Mining Painite but also whatever I find and selling them to my FC. Then I will sell to the highest bidding station
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

Norwin Palmer
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Norwin Palmer
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Norwin Palmer » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:40 pm

I was in bd+28 413 till this morning, a FC moved in a few days ago and they still hadn't moved so I did.

I don't remember where I moved to (and the update is downloading now), just another system with rings and no FCs. I didn't even check out the rings for hotspots as none of that stuff really matters to me. I have enough credits to buy all the ships I want so credits don't mean anything. I just do some mining to see if I can find something interesting or fun to try, I actually like the mining part of mining.

Kobaal
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Kobaal

Postby Kobaal » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:32 pm

I've been core mining Void Opals but I wonder if laser mining Ltd is better. I'll have to try it out I guess

Norwin Palmer
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Norwin Palmer
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Norwin Palmer » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:49 pm

That's what I was doing in BD+28 413, core mining in a Python. It was LFT 65 I went to yesterday and I tried some Tritium mining in a Conda but I wasn't thrilled so won't go back, just wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I think Python is king for core mining, boring and predictable but king.

I don't think laser mining LTD (or Painite) is better than core mining VO but I also don't think VO is the best choice either. However, I do think, "yes you should try it out" so you have some valid experience to form your own opinions.

► Show Spoiler

Return to “Miner's Club”