Explorer Exchange
Camaro5690
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Camaro5690
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Type 6 Exploration Trip

Postby Camaro5690 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:53 pm

Hey all. I've flown an Asp Explorer for hundreds of hours, so recently I decided to change it up a bit. Wanting a different experience I went and bought a Type 6, and outfitted it for Exploration. Stripped out, equipped with ASS+DSS Engineered for long range, and a G1 roll on FSD I achieved just over 30 ly jump range. Plenty enough for me!

My original goal was to just go Nebula hunting, and I have hit up a couple already. However along the way I have begun hunting for an ELW, they have proven to be quite elusive for me. I have run into one ELW in over 200 jumps. I have not given up though and will soldier on. Im heading to the Bubble Nebula currently, and once I get there I will decide upon my next destination.

Now for the fun part, image dump from some of my favorite finds!

b00st3d
Novice
Novice
CMDR: b00st3d
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Type 6 Exploration Trip

Postby b00st3d » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:13 am

Nice pictures. I've noticed the ELWs get more prevalent as you get closer to the core. I'm currently heading back from Colonia, and it seems like there isn't anything worth scanning. After 2 trips to SAG A* it sucks when the cool stuff dries up. I did manage to find a gas giant with water-based life though.

Return to “Explorer Exchange”