Lost Fed Battlecruiser Mentioned In Galnet?

Explorer Exchange
damon8r351
Novice
Novice
CMDR: damon8r351
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Lost Fed Battlecruiser Mentioned In Galnet?

Postby damon8r351 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:13 pm

On Galnet today:

"Over the past few months, several reports have surfaced of Federal convoys coming under fire in the Maia system. While circumstantial evidence strongly suggested Thargoid involvement, the Federation declined to comment, saying only that the matter was 'under investigation'.

"But fresh reports indicate that another attack, resulting in the loss of a Farragut-class Battlecruiser and a number of other vessels, has recently taken place. In a galaxy-wide announcement, the Federation confirmed that the attack was perpetrated by Thargoid Interceptor-class vessels, as corroborated by those who survived the assault.

"Chief of Federal Security Admiral Aden Tanner issued the following statement:

“'Since we cannot communicate with the Thargoids, and cannot therefore determine the motive for this attack, it cannot be considered an act of war in the conventional sense. Nevertheless, I can confirm that the Thargoids are now considered an enemy of the Federation.'

"Admiral Tanner’s statement was swiftly followed by a public address from Federal President Zachary Hudson, speaking from the White House on Mars.

“'Like many others, I hoped that the Thargoids would prove to be peaceful. Today I am forced to concede that my optimism was misplaced. What I say now, I say to every citizen of the Federation: Action will be taken.'

"'I have given Admiral Tanner total authority over this matter, and extended to him the full resources of the Federal Navy. I have every confidence that he will address this threat to the Federation.'

Has there been any information put out about where this took place? Anybody see if they could find the wreckage? I'd love to be able to explore the wreck of a Fed battlecruiser.

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Re: Lost Fed Battlecruiser Mentioned In Galnet?

Postby Relix Typhon » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:43 pm

You can see on in HIP 17044. From the star, point yourself towards Asterope (visually identifiable by the blue nebula) and travel 12k ls out. It should spawn there.

EDIT: I took this info directly from a reddit source because it was quicker than me trying to remember it!

damon8r351
Novice
Novice
CMDR: damon8r351

Postby damon8r351 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:37 pm

Turns out that particular one predates this incident (unless the Federation is slow on the uptake), but that's good enough for me. I'll check it once I can get turned around from the Coalsack Nebula.

O7

Hrdina
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Hrdina
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Hrdina » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:59 pm

damon8r351 wrote:Turns out that particular one predates this incident (unless the Federation is slow on the uptake), but that's good enough for me. I'll check it once I can get turned around from the Coalsack Nebula.

O7

When I read that article on Galnet, I assumed that it was referring to that same incident, since I don't remember seeing any reference to it when it happened.
Jameson & Son are my copilots

LeDoyen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Le Doyen
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby LeDoyen » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:11 am

Galnet seems to come before the events they talk about ^^
When they announced the end of the blockade on Palin's i was working on one of my ships.. went there for the thrusters, shiny farargut dancin over the outpost..

Maybe the wrecked convoy will be found later i guess.

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:46 pm

how do you lose something of that size?

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:42 pm

With enough incompetence and bad tactics, you can loose a ship of that size. However, it has been found in game, and the Feds lost "a little" more than just a Farragut class BC:

► Show Spoiler

Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Return to “Explorer Exchange”