Explorer Exchange
damon8r351
Novice
Novice
CMDR: damon8r351
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Must Sees In The Galaxy?

Postby damon8r351 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:29 pm

Any places in the galaxy you'd want to tell a budding explorer they just have to see? What's the Best of the Milky Way that I just have to go check out?

I've made an extensive exploration of the Seven Sisters in the Pleiades Nebula, been to a lot of the major Thargoid points of interest, been to W Ursae Majoris (not impressed), and have been kicking it around the Lave Cluster where it all began. Plan on looking into the Ancients ruins at a later date, and the major superpower home systems. Expeditions to Sag A*, Colonia, Beagle Point, and Wregoe TV-L C24-0 are in the planning stages.

Anything else I should check out? Famous or interesting star systems, interesting nebulae, interesting surface expeditions, anything like that? I'm open to anything and everything.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Re: Must Sees In The Galaxy?

Postby TorTorden » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:47 pm

Mitterand hollow. In epsilon indi, its in the bubble even.

This thread lists a few.
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... stinations

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby de Carabas » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:54 am

There's some surface feature suggestions here https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... =Locations

I thought I had a favourite saved with a link to a spreadsheet that had all sorts of lists like generation ships, good canyons for racing, good views etc.. can't find it right now but will keep looking.
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:17 am

A self guided tour of some nebula is a nice way to try out some exploring without a huge commitment like Sag A or Colonia.

http://i.imgur.com/hUna3LU.jpg
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly

Postby TorTorden » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:20 am

Also take a swing by sol.

Might be a no brainer but the devs have taken extra care there to make it seem close to what's actually out there.
So the planets in sol has more detail than any other system out there since its not from the cookie rng stuff.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

damon8r351
Novice
Novice
CMDR: damon8r351

Postby damon8r351 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:32 am

JohnLuke wrote:A self guided tour of some nebula is a nice way to try out some exploring without a huge commitment like Sag A or Colonia.

About this image: are those names searchable with the system finder in-game? For instance, if I want to go to the California Nebula, will some point I can jump to show up on the map? Sorry I'm somewhat new at this.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly

Postby TorTorden » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:07 am

damon8r351 wrote:
JohnLuke wrote:A self guided tour of some nebula is a nice way to try out some exploring without a huge commitment like Sag A or Colonia.

About this image: are those names searchable with the system finder in-game? For instance, if I want to go to the California Nebula, will some point I can jump to show up on the map? Sorry I'm somewhat new at this.

You can just search for nebula names direct, like "California" or "coal sack" and it should move you the central position for it.

You can then just pick a star in the area and plot to it.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

LeDoyen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Le Doyen

Postby LeDoyen » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:18 pm

As you travel you may notice some star clusters worth visiting too. I came upon a big one on my way to Eta Cariane.
You can also look in real star and celestial objects catalogues, since these are in the game :)
A little trip to Betelgeuse is worth it for example, to have a look at a supergiant star, and it's only a small distance from the bubble.
The Mintaka system is also a well known one, with several black holes to fly by (and a pretty penny in exploration data)

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:40 am

LeDoyen wrote:As you travel you may notice some star clusters worth visiting too. I came upon a big one on my way to Eta Cariane.
You can also look in real star and celestial objects catalogues, since these are in the game :)
A little trip to Betelgeuse is worth it for example, to have a look at a supergiant star, and it's only a small distance from the bubble.
The Mintaka system is also a well known one, with several black holes to fly by (and a pretty penny in exploration data)

I cant remember exactly which but there is a giant star somewhere in/close to the bubble where it has a landable planet very close. You are fuel scooping all the way down :lol:

LeDoyen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Le Doyen

Postby LeDoyen » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:37 pm

I believe it was covered in one of the Space tourism videos !
that's one i wnat to visit too, seems dangerous enough to be worth it :p

Return to “Explorer Exchange”