Explorer Exchange
Telengo
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Telengo
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

My first time

Postby Telengo » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:28 am

So I have embarked on my first real trip outside the bubble. I have been to Maia and seen a bit of the Pleiades, but they don't really count as going to far. I need to unlock Professor Palin, so decided to just go somewhere. Currently heading for the Eagle Nebula, just a straight route, mainly jump and honk at the moment. Although I have come across a few systems that people have not been to before, so stopping there and scanning. Currently about 2k light years out and really enjoying the peace and quiet and the view out of the cockpit in style.

Weapon of choice is an Imperial Clipper (really dislike the Asp, the sound is terrible and the Anaconda is battle ready so my SLF pilot is looking after her).

Will be looking for other places to go when I get back.

Sinxar
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Sinxar

Re: My first time

Postby Sinxar » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:40 am

Ever since reading my first book on the physics of black holes when I was about 8, one of my favorite objects was Cygnus X-1. To this day it is the most studied black hole in history. It even sparked a bet between Stephen Hawking and Kip Thorne in 1975 with Dr. Hawking betting it was not a black hole.

It is located at V1357 Cygni. People are confused about the location and many seem to think the "star of india" is the spot. It isn't. That location is about 6k LY too close.

Great place to visit if you need distance.

Telengo
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Telengo

Re: My first time

Postby Telengo » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:27 pm

Thanks Sinxar, I will certainly take a look out there.

Return to “Explorer Exchange”