Explorer Exchange
evovi
Master
Master
CMDR: Auloria
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Formidine Rift

Postby evovi » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:47 pm

Been doing some reading on this illusive destination - anyone here active in trying to unwrap the mystery? It's wet my appetite anyway...

Finishing off a rank in fed navy then I think I'm going to head out and see if i can add anything to this hunt - audio book elite: reclamation downloading as we speak... If nothing comes of it - it's been £10 into the pocket of iTunes lol

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Formidine Rift

Postby de Carabas » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:01 pm

I went out to the rift area some months ago and did some exploring but other than some interesting systems I didn't come across anything interesting. It might be that there was nothing there at the time to find of course.

I crossed using the Heisenberg bridge and there were a couple of occasions where I had run out of FD boosts and was stuck looking on local planets for synthesis ingredients. If you go, make sure you have a good jump range on your ship.

I was tempted to go back as things appear to be moving now.
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

evovi
Master
Master

Postby evovi » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:17 pm

Need to unlock level 5 fsd mod and I've got an anaconda build in Coriolis capable of nearly 41ly with an extra fuel tank.. But reading I'm in two minds whether it is through the "rift" as a ship capable of 23ly is what everyone's talking about, been playing with the galaxy map and I have noticed some systems where the name is nearly an anagram TRADGOI JC-K etc.. Coincidence ?

evovi
Master
Master

Postby evovi » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:47 pm

Currently 4600 ly out from sol, and after correlating what's going on in the forums and listening to reclamation I've been putting my own theories together - currently got a system bookmarked not too far from the rr line and not too far from where the bases have been found in the rift region - after hours of searching the galaxy map I find it strange how systems span hundreds of light years ie WREDGUIA XX-X or PLAA EURK XX-X nicely grouped together - but this one system in interested in, has a random system name slap bang in the middle of it... Nothing similar anywhere near for thousands and thousands of light years - is it me getting giddy or have I missed something in the procedural generation of systems elsewhere ?

atraangelis
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Caylus Harken

Postby atraangelis » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:28 pm

Im in a Asp X with a 24LY Jump

About to do my first exploration in a few days, Counter Spinward up the Sag-Carina Arm.
I plan on going about 5000LY as my first attemp outside the bubble.

Any wana tag along look my up in game 'Caylus Harken'

BINGHAM
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Steven Bingham
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby BINGHAM » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:37 pm

I'll be heading back out there within the next few weeks, I went out previously in a 33ly Asp X but I'll be taking a 43ly Anaconda out this next time.

Here is the route I took last time, it was more of a trip around the rift, but it was a good test of navigation skills when things start thinning out.

Return to “Explorer Exchange”