JustSomeGuy
Master
Master
CMDR: Murhapuro
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

About star classes and values

Postby JustSomeGuy » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:49 pm

This Visual guide to exploration is probably familiar to many:

But there are star types that are not present in the star map filters and vice versa.

The guide:
AeBe --- ?
TT --- Same as T ?
S-Type --- ?
Black Hole --- A non sequence star ?
Neutron Star --- A non sequence star ?

In the game:
Proto stars --- ?

About values. Black holes, Neutron stars and White dwarfs seem to be the most valuable ones and the rest are pretty much the same. Well excluding the proto stars which I have no idea of.

Does anyone know of a better guide than this one ? This one seems more like a quick cheat sheet for someone who already knows the small details.
I play on PC, in the Mobius PVE Eurasia group.

smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: About star classes and values

Postby smartroad » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:22 pm

TT is a "T Tauri star" - a pre-main sequence star (a young star), where as a T class star is just a failed star (not enough mass to sustain any fusion at its core, but big enough to be hot)

S-Type's are cool giant stars (similar to carbon star but with equal amounts of oxygen and carbon - according to Wikipedia LOL)

Black holes, Neutron stars and white dwarfs are all non sequence stars - i.e. stars that have burnt all their fuel and these are the husks left behind

A proto-star is a star that is still collecting matter from the surrounding gas cloud - a pre-T Tauri star (or pre-pre-main sequence star LOL)
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: About star classes and values

Postby Cometborne » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:34 pm

In game, filtering out proto stars get rids of T-Tauri and Herbig AeBe, while filtering out non-sequence stars removes neutron stars and black holes. I do not recall seeing any carbon stars, WR stars, or S class star, so no real idea into which categories these fall.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Return to “Explorer Exchange”